Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Panel integration -end link

• ipazur
  • ipazur's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174750 by ipazur
Replied by ipazur on topic Panel integration-end link

jelo wrote: No, filled with actual values. E.g.what is the maximal length of encID?

I believe this is the length of their endID 3-zJiSl_V3Ey-A9ZpaG5XSKA~~

jelo wrote: This part looks quite unusual: [317950][0]

this is what panel provider gave me...

jelo wrote: The attached LSS export is containing bugs. Was the export the final version?
There are missing variables and other bugs.
Might be totally unrelated to the URL issue, but I don't want to waste time.

I don't now how... uid code was my first attempt that I changed for encID later... so I abandoned the LSS export test1, and made a new one from scratch which is attached... what are you saying about the bugs?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #174751 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Panel integration-end link
You attached a shorter survey. For testing fine.

I found no issues when using a typical link from your panel.
The encID is in the EndURL.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174762 by ipazur
Thanks... but I can not believe this any more... I did not change a thing in a file, and I am not getting what you see on the last screen... how did you get encID in the end URL?!
More
5 years 6 months ago #174765 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Panel integration-end link

ipazur wrote: I did not change a thing in a file, and I am not getting what you see on the last screen... how did you get encID in the end URL?!

You attached two surveys in this thread, correct?
I just used the last survey you attached and tested it via demo.limesurvey.org.

You should test such input/output URLs with a second browser session.
Login into LimeSurvey and for survey links use the private session window of your browser.
That way you can close that window and test again. No side effects via session data left.

The entry URL might be a source for issues too:
Code:
https://demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=YOURSURVEYID&lang=hr&encID=4--8IZ-ngvFB3aJnuUFwLGdg~~

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174768 by ipazur
Yes, I attached two files, the last one limesurvey_survey_745722.lss, testna 2

Ok, I imported this file also on demo.limesurvey.org now, and tried like you suggested with private window but no luck...

demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=survey/i...SURVEYID&lang=hr&enc ID=4--8IZ-ngvFB3aJnuUFwLGdg~~ - where this part is coming from in this link?!

my entry link there is
demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=survey/i...2&lang=hr&encID=test

in my end link I am still not getting endID :(
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174772 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Panel integration-end link
OK, now I get where you problem is. We really, really, really need to start with the basics. What is a panel, how they work, what they do...

The panel sends people to your survey. To do so, they need a link to send the survey to.

However, they also need to know, who of those they have sent to your survey have completed the survey, have been screened out because they did not fit the profile or the quota for their profile was already filled. So how will they know that?

This is why you need to catch their participant code at the beginning of the survey (here called encID). So you give them the link to the survey, and they will add their encID at the end. Each respondent will have such an ID.

So if the survey link says contains "&encID=test" at the end, what will get out at the end is "test". If the survey link they give to the respondent contains "&enc ID=4--8IZ-ngvFB3aJnuUFwLGdg~~", then "4--8IZ-ngvFB3aJnuUFwLGdg~~" will be saved in your survey as encID and then passed on to the endURL.

It is just an ID that you have to catch at the beginning of the survey and then pass on to the URLs that redirect the respondent back to the panel. Therefore you recieved different links. Depending on the links the respondents will registered as completed or not by the panel and receive their points or money or whatever.

So why did Jelo get "4--8IZ-ngvFB3aJnuUFwLGdg~~" in the end url? Because he put it in the start url!

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ipazur
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #174773 by holch

my entry link there is
Demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=survey/i...2&lang=hr&encID=test

in my end link I am still not getting endID :(

With this, you should get "test" in the end url. This is just for testing, if it works. You could allso pass on &encID=thisisconfusing and you will receive "thisisconfusing" in the end url.

I hope things are clearer now? This should be something your panel provider explains you. But then, I guess they expect you to know the basics, when you want to work with a panel. I assume they gave you some kind of explanation with the links. If not: bad practice. Look for a better provider next time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #174775 by holch
So I created a little video to show you how it works. Actually, you don't have to worry about the link to the survey and how the encID gets there later. Your Panel Provider will create a personalized link for every participant with an individual encID, this here is for testing if it work to pass this encID back to them.

So if what is written after the "&encID=" in the survey link comes out at the end in the end URL, this means things are working.

I created 3 different URLs on an uploaded version of your example LSS and everytime the encID is passed through the survey to the end url, so seems like things are working. I have created a little video to show you how it works:
www.dropbox.com/s/3pwd9r42pyafrqn/limesu...integration.mp4?dl=0

So basically, each respondent will receive such a link and when they click on it, they'll get to your survey, your survey will grab the encID, save it in the hidden question and when the person finishes the end url will contain this encID again, which will redirect them to a page of your panel provider and they will read out this link and update their database accordingly.

you only have to worry, if the encID is passed through correctly and if the different links to the provider are correct.

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by holch.
  • ipazur
More
5 years 6 months ago #174782 by ipazur
Thank you, thank you, 1000 times thank you :)

So it was working whole time, but panel provider kept telling me they are not seeing encID like this 3-zJiSl_V3Ey-A9ZpaG5XSKA~~, so I thought I should get it somehow...

It was known from the beginning I never worked with panel, and panel provider never did integration with limesurvey before... so we were both in unknown land

I see encID in 3-zJiSl_V3Ey-A9ZpaG5XSKA~~, in hidden field, and instead of my test word in end url...
I think your video should be added in limesurvey manual! It is more helpful!
More
5 years 6 months ago #175427 by surveySn
Replied by surveySn on topic Panel integration -end link

I replace encID with token, it doesn't work. Can you help me?
  • tpartner
More
5 years 6 months ago #175435 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Panel integration -end link
It should be in uppercase - {TOKEN}

Or - {TOKEN:TOKEN}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, surveySn
More
5 years 6 months ago #175448 by surveySn
Replied by surveySn on topic Panel integration -end link
Thank you,

it's work,

I want to know why.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose