Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I display a message based on a collective score from other questions?

• alexchatzixenitidis
  • alexchatzixenitidis's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169521 by alexchatzixenitidis
Hello!

So I am trying to find a way to display certain messages based upon a collective score from my survey questions. Since I am not confident that I can communicate my question properly, I will give an example to show you what I mean!

Let's say that I want to determine how well somebody knows Game of Thrones. I am asking them 3 questions with three possible responses. For instance:

Q1. Which of the following statements is true about Sansa Stark?
A1. Sansa Stark is the elder sister of Arya Stark
A2. Sansa Stark was married to Roose Bolton
A.3 Sansa who?

Q2. What are the words of house Baratheon?
A1. Ours is the fury
A2. As high as honor
A3. Bow, you sh*ts!

Q3. Which house did Catelyn Stark belong to before she was married to Ned Stark?
A1. Tully
A2. Arryn
A.3 None, she was a Snow

Is there a way I can assign a number to each answer (for example, A1=0, A2=1, A3=1) and show a message according to the collective score from ALL answers in the end of the survey? For example, if the the collective score is 0 (Q1+Q2+Q3=0), show a message saying "Wow, you must be lord Varys" OR if the collective score is > 1 say "In the game of thrones, you win or you die. You died."

This is the first time I am using this survey and although I tried to figure it out from the guide, I ended up hitting a brick wall! Is this something I can do- and if yes, how? Any recommendations are welcome! Thank you! :)
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #169522 by holch
yes, this is possible. either with assessments or with expression manager or a combination with both.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose