Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Interactive text-based question

More
6 years 7 months ago #158176 by jcruz
Interactive text-based question was created by jcruz
Is there a possible workaround for a word-highlighter question-type wherein respondents will be able to highlight words or phrase in a given text input and then rate each of the highlighted words as appealing, neither, or not appealing for example?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 1 month ago #181099 by BusyBonsai
Replied by BusyBonsai on topic Interactive text-based question
Hellow Limes

I am looking for something similar if not the exact same thing. I imagine a text display question, and respondents should be able to highlight any part of that text (preferably from a letter or word) up to the whole text. Of course, the information of which text parts were highlighted needs to be saved and stored in order to analyse survey data (I fear I don't know too much about survey design just right now).
Is that somehow possible, with Javascript for example?
Unfortunately noone answered jcruz yet, but bigger (x2) and updated demand might reach someone able to help us on tis topic.

Thanks in advance!
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #181102 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Interactive text-based question
Hi,

If you already have such script sample : it's easy to make a survey using it …
But i really think constructing such script from scratch take more time i offer on limesurvey forum …

Like post a question on stackoverflow for example : what did you try ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 1 month ago #181118 by BusyBonsai
Replied by BusyBonsai on topic Interactive text-based question
Hi DenisChenu

I have 2 'hot taces', one here (as it's wished to look like) and one here (about getting highlighted text i.g.). If I understand correctly, the latter one doesn't allow multiple colours (?)
Is that all / enough I need to implement on limesurvey? Which parts of the code do I need to adjust?
Do I need to have a text display question and a text input question, the latter one including the code (=document object?), the first one being defined as the window object?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose