Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to add audio file to description of question group?

• Andreas2017
  • Andreas2017's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #152496 by Andreas2017
Dear LimeSurvey community,

I am supposed to conduct an online survey for a university research project.

I want to present an audio stimuli but not as a single question but in the description of a question group so I can use different scales as subordinated questions (both 5-point Likert scale and yes/no scale).

I was successful at integrating it but unfortunately the play button (nonetheless it was displayed in the wanted field) remained inactive.

What can I do to make that work?

Thanks a lot for your support!

If you need further information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best,
Andreas
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 week ago #152497 by holch
Difficult to say. Because it should work the same in a question or in the survey description. What you can try is to use a "text display" type question and put it at the beginning of the group and see if it works there.
Without any further information, or a link it is basically impossible to help solving this problem.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Andreas2017
  • Andreas2017's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #152503 by Andreas2017
This is the code I'm using for embedding the sound file:

<audio controls style="width: 185px;"> <source src=" qsurvey.org/audioandvideo/babysounds2.mp3 " type="audio/mp3">

The screenshot shows the inactive play button within the description of a text display question. The strange thing is: For a moment, the button is active but turns inactive immediately.
More
7 years 1 week ago #152507 by ddrmoscow
Hi, Andreas

At first, there're few errors in your code (extra spaces in src url and <source> tag )
Code:
<audio controls style="width: 185px;"> <source src=" qsurvey.org/audioandvideo/babysounds2.mp3 " type="audio/mp3"> </audio>

2-nd : somehow your file "babysounds2.mp3" is not playable as mp3, try this link f.e. and check that it's ok
Code:
<audio controls="" src="https://musplay.ru/download/44654/Millencolin_-_Trendy-Winds_musplay.ru.mp3" style="width: 185px;" type="audio/mp3"> </audio>

check your files and update appropriate links

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose