Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Copy Survey - New Survey URL Not Working

• kmorett
  • kmorett's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152166 by kmorett
I need to send out a survey every month to different users. I have a survey that is my base that I created and want to use each month and just update the participant list. When I copied the survey, added my participants, activated the survey and sent the email invites from Lime, the URL does not work. It says "This survey is no longer available".
I believe the issue is that the old survey that was copied was activated and then expired and ultimately deactivated.
Is there a way to copy a survey and use it and have the URL for the survey work? I do know that the survey URL that is getting sent is new, because the new survey has a new ID associated with it.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #152170 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Copy Survey - New Survey URL Not Working
Well, it depends on what really happened to the original survey.

I think you copied the expiration date of the old one to the new one. So the new survey has already expired when you copy it. Just put the expiration date in the future and it should work again.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• kmorett
  • kmorett's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152171 by kmorett
Replied by kmorett on topic Copy Survey - New Survey URL Not Working
Thank you so much! I went into one of my test surveys and changed the expiry date and tried the URL again and it worked! thank you so much!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose