Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New user = few questions: (new domain, templates, opt-in, different end URLs)

• menych
  • menych's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151896 by menych
Hi,

I have just installed a trial of LS CE on my test domain name and created my first survey.

Looks like it's exactly what I was looking for, but I need some help with some questions.

1. Will I be able to move the installation to a different domain name (on the same server) and retain access to the survey, if the mysql database remains on the same server? What would I need to accomplish this. If I need to create a brand new installation, is there a way to export the survey?

2. I've been trying to edit the template. The script says that I can't edit a default one, so I tried creating a copy. But the newly created copy is not showing up in the dropdown. Is this because I'm on a trial? Is this a glitch? Creating new templates did not work either. How do you guys edit?

3. I want to add a mandatory opt-in (name / email) to send people an email with their survey results. What's the best way to accomplish this? I didn't see a way to validate emails.

4. I know there is a way to get the script to launch a URL at the end. Is there a way to use different URLs based on the answers?

5. How do I use the answers to generate survey results? For example, build a text where the 2nd paragraph would be para1 if person chooses answers A1, A2, or A3 to Q1 and para2 if they chose answers A4 or A5 and where the 3rd paragraph would be para3 if they choose answer A1 to Q2, para4 if they choose A2 to Q2, etc. Same idea about customizing which video to show on the thank you page depending on the answers. This is such a sophisticated script, I'm sure there must be a way to do it, I just have no idea how.

Thanks,
Andrei
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151904 by jelo

menych wrote: 2. I've been trying to edit the template. The script says that I can't edit a default one, so I tried creating a copy. But the newly created copy is not showing up in the dropdown. Is this because I'm on a trial? Is this a glitch?

This is a glitch. Update your LimeSurvey installation. What is version of LimeSurvey installed?

1.) You can export / import surveys with and without responses.
2.) Update LimeSurvey.
3.) To really validate an emailaddress, there is no other optin than sending one to that address. Just use two textfields, where people should enter the address twice. To send results, you can put the questioncode of the emailfield into the surveysettings email address field. There are some approaches where you not use confirmmation but admin summary mails.
4.) You can use Expression Manager to use nested ifs to change the EndURL to your needs.
5.) Expressionmanager can be used to customized results via "Edit email templates"

Perhaps someone will provide a step by step explanation for all points. I would start learning a bit about the Expression manager and then some post in this forum make suddenly sense.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • menych
  • menych's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151956 by menych
1. Thank you
2. Updated. Problem fixed. But not sure how to actually use the editor. I know html and css, but can't find where I could, for example, reduce the vertical space between the question and the NEXT button.
3. I was hoping for it to at least check if the string is of text@text.ext format.
4. I'd love to hire someone to help me with this. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I'd rather to pay someone to do this for me. Anyone?
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151962 by holch
If you go up to the main navigation, there is a link "partners". Those are official Limesurvey partners that can help you with contract work, if you don't want to figure it out on your own. To find out where to change things, you usually need to use some kind of developer tool that helps you to find the IDs and classes for CSS of the respective elements. Then you need to search for the css code in the css file and adapt it. Of course this can be quite time consuming sometimes, especially if your are no CSS wizard. With the new templates based on boot strap I feel that there is an additional level of difficulty added. Hopefully the changes to the template system that will come in version 3 of Limesurvey will solve this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose