Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Create Dual Scale Array with condition ( disable radio of sub-question )

• tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #136547 by tpartner
This workaround was never intended to work with "No Answer" enabled for the survey. I never use that.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelji
The topic has been locked.
  • Maverick87Shaka
  • Maverick87Shaka's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #136778 by Maverick87Shaka
Since I have to use this question type more and more ( because it's works as I need ), there is some chance to put this question as a "question type" inside limesurvey?
I would like to create a question type, to avoid the risk to brake the javascript editing the question sentences, it's possible?

Thanks again!
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
7 years 10 months ago #136787 by tpartner
Currently there is no facility to add custom question types without hacking the core code.

If you are concerned about editing question text, you can place the JavaScript in the group description.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
7 years 9 months ago #136983 by michaelji
I am unable to find where or how I can assign values for these question answers to a category.

For instance: Option 1, value 4 was selected. I need to assign value 4 to Category 3 and total the values for each Category. So when the survey is over I need to score them on the Category they chose the most.

Thanks again for the solution in this topic. I will add that I had to turn of "No Answers" and "Mandatory" off, but needed to add Min and Max answer values of 2. I got error messages that not all the required number of answers were chosen and survey preview. B)
More
7 years 8 months ago #139672 by michaelji
I have a question regarding formatting the display of this Array.
Currently, the questions format as this screen shot shows. Is there a way to constrain the right side answers to one size in order that they do not change or look so disorganized.

More
7 years 8 months ago #139673 by michaelji
I cannot find where in the template editor I need to edit this setting, if that is where I need to go.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 8 months ago #139687 by DenisChenu
You don't have a answer width setting in Array dual scale ?
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ar...h_.28answer_width.29

This set the width of the first column.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 7 months ago #139776 by michaelji
No, I do not have that option. (version 2.50 latest build). Also, these are code built on array. Due to code some feature are disabled. Earlier in the thread is the code. I presume that I must change or add a setting for the width of the answer section.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
7 years 7 months ago #139785 by tpartner
I see that answer width setting in the latest build but it doesn't seem to work - I need to test more.

In the meantime, adding something like this to the question source will fix the answer widths:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">     
  $(document).ready(function() {    
    $('#question{QID} th.answertext').css('width', '40%');
  });
</script>

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 7 months ago #139793 by DenisChenu
I have it on last GIT version.

And it work

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
6 years 4 months ago #160830 by michaelji
how can I get this type of array to work in version 3? I tried a test on the beta in a new install, imported the questions I am using with this and it displays very poorly.

I hope I don't have to be stuck on version 2.6x just to use it.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
6 years 4 months ago #160849 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose