Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another

Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another 2 years 7 months ago #107238

• mascarpone
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 14
Dear all,

I feel there may not be an easy answer on this but here is our challenge: we have realized that SGQA are "instance specific" and that they will change when re-importing a survey on a different instance of LS.

The problem we have faced with this is related to the automated analysis/reporting features that we have developed around our surveys and that would need to be recoded after each transfer. I realize it is probably not usual to transfer surveys like this. In our case we are openly sharing our work with a bunch of other partner agencies - and as such promoting further the use of LS - and that includes the analysis/reporting scripts. We are therefore looking at a way of getting this "connection" stable.

As anybody faced this issue before and found an elegant way of solvin/working around it?

Cheers!

Mas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another 2 years 7 months ago #107249

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
Of course the SGQA code changes when you import a survey (even on the same instance), because they need to be unique (especially the S = Survey portion). I don't see a way around this. Maybe someone else or one of th developers does, but I do have little hope.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | [url=https://manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds[/url]

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a [url=https://donate.limesurvey.org[/url] to the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mascarpone

Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another 2 years 7 months ago #107267

• byan
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 9
I think as long as your survey title and qids remain the same, you should be able to achieve your goal by joining the lime_surveys_languagesettings, question, answer, your survey tables.

Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another 2 years 7 months ago #107279

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1374
Hi,

Maybe you can use "EM code" in your data anlysi, and have a 'EM code to SGQA' system.

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...dmin/export.php#L682

Better link from code:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...ort_helper.php#L4437
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (use private message).
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Better link from code:

Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another 2 years 7 months ago #107302

• mascarpone
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks all for your replies and suggestions. We will probably move to the solution proposed by Denis and implement some sort of a mapping table between our analysis script and EM Codes so that we may share our work more easily with others!

Merci!
Time to create page: 0.631 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form