Lead Software Engineer - SaaS Survey Platform - PHP/Yii/Vue.js
At LimeSurvey we are committed to creating the perfect open survey platform, emphasizing ease of use, stability and extensibility. We do this together with our Open Source community and a fast-growing international team of survey fanatics in Hamburg. LimeSurvey is used worldwide by companies, market research institutes, students and universities. We could use some help. If you’re looking for the next challenge as Lead Engineer, you might have just found it.
LEAD ENGINEER - SURVEY PLATFORM
Our LimeSurvey survey platform is providing capabilities to create and collect online surveys and analyze and share survey data. The survey platform can be used to conduct simple questionnaires with just a couple of questions or advanced assessments with conditionals and quota management.
As the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for building our architecture on several ends, like Front-end, Backend, Data Engineering and DevOps. You will lead our Survey Platform Development team and will be responsible implementing the architecture of our application and scalability.
The Survey Platform team consists of a survey analyst, developers, software test engineers, software architect and an active open source community. We work closely with our community and partner network to co-create requirements, fix bugs, translate, and share knowledge. Join our team and get involved in building the world’s #1 open survey platform.
🔥 This is your challenge:
- Build and improve architecture by planning, helping and implementing engineering standards. Work closely with backend, Front-end, architect, API infrastructure and make technical decisions at company level.
- Set high quality standards by pushing best practices, unit tests, motivate others to commit to the same engineering standards.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for projects including refactoring, migration, the building of new features, scalability and the API of our application.
- Act as advisor in dev team and beyond on technological topics within expertise e.g. Front-end.
- Lead by example and help others find their way.
👉🏼 This is you:
- Experience: 5+ years experience building heavy SaaS applications. Experience with Open Source would be a plus.
- Back-end: PHP, preferably Yii framework, Git Flow, CI, Docker, unit-testing.
- Quality Assurance: End-to-End testing.
- Characteristics. You have a good sense of humor, and you stay calm in stressful situations. You deliver, are patient, value honesty and hard work. Furthermore, you bring positive energy to the team and experience great joy in sharing, teaching and seeing other team members grow and reach their full potential.
🔨 Tech we use:
- Yii PHP Framework
- Bootstrap, Twig and jQuery
- MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres
🍋 LimeSurvey Perks:
We offer a dynamic working environment with flexible hours remote, from home or in the office. You have the opportunity to unleash your skills in a no-nonsense environment. We offer free 3D printing, do fun activities together, and have some other perks which are in the make as our organization is.