PHPSurveyor 1.08alpha2 Version Released - updated
Note: Due to a few show-stopping bugs we just released an 1.08 alpha2! Please try this new version: Download
The PHPSurveyor development team is happy to announce the release of the alpha version 1.08. This new version offers a wide range of new possibilities for this software and showing you the way the newly built development team just has started related to new features, design and usability. Be aware that with new features we were forced to raise the requirements bar. This release does have the following requirement:
- MySQL 4.1 or higher
- PHP 4.1 or higher with deactivated SAFE_MODE (which is a pretty standard setting)
- Either gettext OR mbstring library installed. (for localizations)
Remember... this is an unstable alpha version. Do not use it for production purposes. However we will be happy about every feedback, suggestion and even bug report. If you need help do not to hesitate to ask in the forums or on IRC.
Now go to the Downloads and get your hands on it... or read the list of new features.
Changes from 1.0 to 1.08a
- Completely overhauled interface icons. The style has been kindly created by Mitchell Butler. Small additions by c_schmitz.
- Added answer limiting based on a previous question for array question types (machaven)
- Added drag'n'drop re-ordering for groups and questions (nkorfiatis)
- Lots of fixes for the spss export (machaven)
- Added page-by-page saving of the answers (swales)
- Changed the translation system from language files to gettext system. That will make translations easier to handle and to update. (c_schmitz))
- Added date picker to date question type and survey properties (c_schmitz)
- Changed the mailer class to PHPMailer which is alot more reliable and easier to configure. (c_schmitz)
- Added an overview of all surveys in addition to the existing combobox (nkorfiatis)
- Re-designed the .htaccess password creation so it does not rely on command execution (machaven)
- Added ADODB universal database support - onyl mysql for now is supported. Work for odbc_mssql and postgres has begun. (Frediano Ziglio (Freddy77), c_schmitz)
- Added Feature to save the referring URL. Kind Donator: Lawrence Weathers (docweathers) Coder: Richard Kavanagh (www.benbun.co.uk)
- Added feature to show custom attribute names in token interface
- Added random survey number generation to make guesses on the surveyid harder
- Moved some of the admin interface styles to style sheets
- Fixed image links and included PNGFix in admin interface for crappy old IE6 browsers (nkorfiatis)
- Added bubble hints to new icons (nkorfiatis)
- Changed upgrade feature and added DB Versioning for easier updates to the DB in the future (c_schmitz))
- Added Vietnamese language file originally by Vinh Ngo
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation by Mark Yeung
- Updated Danish translation from Carsten Hoilund
- Updated Italian language file by Mario Marani
- Updated French language file by Sebastian Gaugry and Pascal Bastien
- Added Finnish translation kindly provided by Matti Lassila
- Added Brazilian Portuguese language file by Anderson Laécio Galindo Trindade
- Removed experimental interface. there will be a new interface later in time.. just not this one.
- Fixed numerous small bugs and added the same amount at other places.