Although sometimes it looks quiet on the outside there are exiciting things happening here. We have hired two full-time coders now (the second one is starting in August). We are working hard on new features and in the course of this we created a redeisgned web interface based on the current 2.06 version. We invite everyone to have a look here:
To login just click the login button. Please play around with it and let us know if you like it or not. We appreciate any kind of constructive feedback on the shortcomings of the preview version. Note that not all dialogs are finished as it is a work in progress - please bear with us!
Are you living within the EU? Do you want to live and work in a big and beautiful German city? We are an established and growing open source software development company that has been developing the open source software LimeSurvey since 2003. LimeSurvey is currently the world's most widely used open-source software for surveys with an estimated 70,000 active installations. To speed up the continued development of LimeSurvey in the future, we are looking for dedicated individuals to join our small team of developers who are true believers in free open source software, ideally with past experience on open source projects.
What you will do:
- Further development of the LimeSurvey software by developing new modules
- Refactoring the existing code and frontend
- Modularization of the software
- Maintenance and development of existing LimeSurvey services, such as developing a payments gateway, relaunching existing services, etc.
- Creating and launching new services related to LimeSurvey
What you need to bring:
- Sound knowledge of PHP (with emphasis on Yii Framework and OOP) and MySQL
- Practical experience with Apache, nginx, Cherokee, Joomla desired
- Ideally experience in open source software
- Solid spoken and written skills in English
- Independent, reliable and structured way of working
- Dedicated, accountable work style
What we offer:
- Varied, interesting and challenging tasks, the chance to work with a growing team, room for creativity and your own ideas, as well as an appropriate salary package
- Great office in Hamburg-Winterhude
- Sufficient space and opportunities for development
- Planned as a full-time position, but we are open to other arrangements
On 04.11.2014 and 05.11.2014 the first LimeSurvey seminar will be held in Hamburg / Germany.
During the 2-day seminar you will be prepared for your daily routine with LimeSurvey.
On the first day the basics of LimeSurvey will be presented, and in the second part the advanced features (expression managers, etc) for use in projects will be taught. Problems can also be handled in "Training on the job".
The lecturer Kai Ravesloot is an authorized LimeSurvey Partner and has been working closely with LimeSurvey and the LimeSurvey Project. Among other things he is involved in LimeSurvey in the area
Features and Code Cleaning. Through the new site, www.lime-support.com, he offers "360 ° Support" for LimeSurvey. This includes consulting, support, implementation of surveys and programming of individual plugins.
If interested in these and other training for more information and registration see www.lime-support.com.
The Semester of code event was created by a number of European universities and the purpose of the Semester of Code is to develop students engagement with and appreciation of being a part of the free software and open source communities.
We are looking forward to any students applications from the VALS organizations.
Sounds interesting? Check out the VALS Semester of Code homepage.