Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
  • Page :

SUJET : Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post)

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101182

• georgebradford
  • Portrait de georgebradford
  • Senior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
Hi Everyone,

In another series of posts (#101061), I explained that I thought I lost the super admin permission rights. After checking the table in PHPmyAdmin, I verified that I still have super admin rights, but what is happening is that I've lost the toolbar in the default screen that provides access to adding and changing permissions. I attach a couple images below of what I'm referring to.

Does anyone know how I can get this to display again?

It's not related to my browser or cookies, cache and etc. I've cleaned all the cookies and cache etc for the three browsers I tend to use (Chrome, Firefox, and IE), and each of these browsers is the latest version. Further, I have access to another account where I am not a super user, and the toolbar displays correctly.

So can anyone offer advice about how to get the toolbar to display?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

-George

hf0f850a_2013-10-29.png

h5b70ea2_2013-10-29.png
Dernière édition: il y a 11 mois 3 semaines par georgebradford. Raison: Did not attach images
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101276

• georgebradford
  • Senior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
Can anyone help me please?

-George

georgebradford écrit:
Hi Everyone,

In another series of posts (#101061), I explained that I thought I lost the super admin permission rights. After checking the table in PHPmyAdmin, I verified that I still have super admin rights, but what is happening is that I've lost the toolbar in the default screen that provides access to adding and changing permissions. I attach a couple images below of what I'm referring to.

Does anyone know how I can get this to display again?

It's not related to my browser or cookies, cache and etc. I've cleaned all the cookies and cache etc for the three browsers I tend to use (Chrome, Firefox, and IE), and each of these browsers is the latest version. Further, I have access to another account where I am not a super user, and the toolbar displays correctly.

So can anyone offer advice about how to get the toolbar to display?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

-George

hf0f850a_2013-10-29.png

h5b70ea2_2013-10-29.png
Dernière édition: il y a 11 mois 3 semaines par georgebradford.

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101281

• Ben_V
  • Portrait de Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 255
Hi,

Maybe you can try to change the admin template directly in the database to check if it's an admin template related issue...
This variable is set in 'lime_settings_global' table..
(Search and replace "gringegreen" by "blobblueish" )
h87a9d32.gif
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101283

• georgebradford
  • Senior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
Thank you Ben_V for your suggestion. I did your change, but it did not restore the toolbar.

What else can I try?

-George

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101285

• c_schmitz
  • Portrait de c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 115
Did you try a re-install. Maybe certain filese were not copied.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101286

• georgebradford
  • Senior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
Can I do a re-install without losing any currently running surveys or user accounts etc?

-George

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101287

• c_schmitz
  • Portrait de c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
Just upload and overwrite all the files again - no need to delete the existing ones. Your data is usually in the database so it can't get lost.

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101288

• georgebradford
  • Senior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
In reviewing the current version for downloading, which is a bit newer (build 131031) than what I have running (build 121101), I see that if I just upload and overwrite, there are at least two directories that I shouldn't do this because they are tied to my existing installation: the config directory within the application directory, and the upload directory in the main LS directory.

Overwriting these would cause problems with what I currently have running, so I'll avoid these. Are there any other directories with files that will cause problems with an overwrite?

-George

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101290

• georgebradford
  • Senior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
In restoring the files, I now have the missing permission bar (and can reset passwords etc), but now the connections to the surveys that are either active or unactive I can no longer access for any editing.

How do I get the them pointed to the right tables?

Please help!

-George

Loss of Permissions Tool Bar - Please Help (Correction to earlier post) il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #101291

• c_schmitz
  • Portrait de c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
It is safe to overwrite the /application/config directory. Without doing it the update is not complete.

I don't understand your last question.
  • Page :
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.146 secondes
Donation Image