Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Changing "no reply" from the addres in the email invitation...

• Mauroro
  • Mauroro's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #101060 by Mauroro
I need to change the addres in the emails, because some mails sended where going directly to the junk mail folder...
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Mauroro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 5 months ago #128462 by delfin
I still have this problem in 2015. Were the emails go to junk even when send to other personal email accounts I have and use for trials. Does anyone has a solution? Can the senders email be changed?
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #128466 by holch
The question is how you send these emails. I would suggest not to use the phpmail method, but rather use a well configured SMTP service.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 5 months ago #128468 by delfin
Thanks Holch and this is done on LS? can you tell me how/where?
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #128469 by holch
Go to the admin and there you'll the configuration for email sending. "Global Settings" --> "Email Settings". You should definitely avoid the phpmail method. While it is easy and convenient, it is also very often blocked and associated with spamming, because anyone can send mass emails this way via php, faking others email addresses, etc.

You need to have a good smtp account, not something like hotmail, yahoo, etc. There is also an article at the blog of Limesurvey Consulting ( www.limesurvey-consulting.com/how-to-pre...ing-treated-as-spam/ ) explaining the basic principals to avoid being marked as spam. If you search here in the forum, I have written a few things as well.

Some hosts configure their emails servers very badly, which means you can quickly be marked as spam. This is a science on it's own and has little to do with Limesurvey. This is more a general problem of sending emails, especially in bigger quantities and to people you might not know personally.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
8 years 5 months ago #128470 by delfin
Thank you, Holch, let me revise and read and try:) I'm a finance guy so some times get scared with some of the things here. But let me try:)
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #128482 by holch
Well, if you are responsible for running Limesurvey you either need to learn this stuff or you need someone who helps you out on this.

Especially if you use email invitation, you need to take much more into account than just Limesurvey. Sending mass emails and avoid being considered a spammer needs some work and knowledge. Spammer got very sophisticated, because they couldn't get through anymore. So spam filters also got more and more sensitive.

E.g. our company email server doesn't accept emails from hotmail or yahoo anymore. Because those providers are not really very responsive when deleting and avoiding spammers on their email accounts. There was way too much spam coming in. If your email server doesn't responde correctly to ours when sending an email - access denied.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose