Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 1 an 1 mois #101017

• edelmira
  • Portrait de edelmira
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello!
I'm using Version 2.00+ Build 131022. Before updating from Build 130807 I could update responses.

Tokens configuration:
"Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?: Default: No If you activate this setting the participants may return to his survey by clicking the invitation link, even if he already submitted the survey. If survey is anonymous, this add a new responses. If survey is not anonymous, user update existing responses. "

This is exactly what I need: "If survey is not anonymous, user update existing responses." and, in fact, it was possible before updating from Build 130807 to Build 131022 but now whenever an user try to update an response, a new one is generated. I mean, the questionnarie is displayed to be filled and a new entry in the answers is created for the corresponding token. I use to create dummy tokens having 1 in the attribute remainder uses. When this feature worked, users only could access the responses usig the token not the invitation link. Additionaly, the attribute remainder uses becomes -1,-2, and so on, depending on the number of updates made.
I have assumed that the following:
(1) Remainder uses > 1 + not anonymous + allow multiple answer implies new answer for one token
(2) Remainder uses == 1 + not anonymous + allow multiple answer implies update a response for one token, never more than one response for that token .. and it worked fine!

What is missing in my configuration in order to get this feature working again. I'm not sure this is a bug.....
Thanks in advance.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 1 an 1 mois #101048

• tpartner
  • Portrait de tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 842
It sounds like your assumptions are correct.

Please file a bug report and...
1. Give as much information as possible.
2. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
3. Provide screenshots and a sample survey.
4. Post the link to the bug here so we can follow the progress.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 1 an 1 mois #101517

• edelmira
  • Portrait de edelmira
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello!
Finally, it wasn't a bug. The configuration for my requirement in Version 2.00+ Build 131022 is:
Remainder uses == 1 + not anonymous + allow multiple answer + persistence implies update a response for one token, never more than one response for that token
Now it is working fine again!
Thank you!

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 11 mois 4 semaines #102719

• jonaskoeppel
  • Portrait de jonaskoeppel
  • Junior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
Hey there!
I'm experiencing the same problem here. Since the update it's not possible to update the answers after completion anymore.

Now, I didn't understand completly your following phrase "Remainder uses == 1 + not anonymous + allow multiple answer + persistence implies update a response for one token, never more than one response for that token". Can you explain me your solution a little further?

What would also be interesting: why did the behaviour change with the update? Maybe a bug nevertheless?

Thanks already for your answer(s).

Jonas

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102748

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 887
Hi,

No before there are a bug.

If token answer persistance is not set : we don't have to reload a token.
Now : we really have the ability to have 2 different behaviour with 'alloweditresponse' to Yes. Before we have only one.

Denis

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102891

• jonaskoeppel
  • Portrait de jonaskoeppel
  • Junior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 1
Hi there,

Thanks for your answer! I'm not sure if I'm following. What did you mean by "alloweditresponse"? Is this yet another option (besides "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" and "Enable token-based response persistence?")?

My problem is that I've set the to options to yes, which should give me the ability to edit the responses after completion of a survey, if I got this right. But LS doesn't give me access to the survey anymore, it just says: "Merci! Vos réponses au questionnaire ont été enregistrées.". What to do?

Merry christmas!

Jonas
Dernière édition: il y a 11 mois 3 semaines par jonaskoeppel. Raison: error

Cannot update submitted answers having not anonymous and multiple answers set on il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102898

• edelmira
  • Portrait de edelmira
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello!
"Remainder uses == 1 + not anonymous + allow multiple answer + persistence implies update a response for one token, never more than one response for that token" means a 1-1 relationship between a token and an (modifiable) answer.
Regards.
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.141 secondes
Donation Image