Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95740

• cchait
  • Portrait de cchait
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi anyone,

I have a survey with 3 pages and many questions.
I need to create an overall AVERAGE score for some of the questions contained on all 3 pages.
How can I do that??

Also, how can I calculate an AVERAGE score across each question for a range of responses? is that possible at all?

many thanks
Craig
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95745

• Ben_V
  • Portrait de Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 247
Hi,
Look at this previous post, TMS White solution
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95768

• cchait
  • Portrait de cchait
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Ben_V,
Unfortunately so far no luck. I have version 1.92 and I added an equation question.
Im wanting to average arrays and multiple choice across 3 pages.
So I added something like {round(Valueformoney,RoomQuality,foodservice)}.... these being question codes...
However I get an undefined variable on the question codes.
Please see my attachments... what could I be doing wrong? I am not using JavaScript.
many thanks

LSequation1.jpg

LSequation2.jpg

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95815

• cchait
  • Portrait de cchait
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Ben_V,
Unfortunately so far no luck. I have version 1.92 and I added an equation question.
Im wanting to average arrays and multiple choice across 3 pages.
So I added something like {round(Valueformoney,RoomQuality,foodservice)}.... these being question codes...
However I get an undefined variable on the question codes.
Please see my attachments... what could I be doing wrong? I am not using JavaScript.
many thanks

LSequation1_2013-05-09.jpg

LSequation2_2013-05-09.jpg

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95832

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 824
Hello,

Show complete "Survey logic files" screen cap please.

Denis

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95839

• cchait
  • Portrait de cchait
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Denis,
It seems the AVERAGE equation question seems to think its an undefined variable and is not recognizing the question code.

LSequation3.jpg

LSequation4.jpg

LSequation5.jpg

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95840

• cchait
  • Portrait de cchait
  • Fresh Lemon
Actually Denis I think I fixed the error on question codes now from the survey logic - thanks... BUT
now I have an invalid argument on the rounding expression.

I need to calculate the average of MANY questions and here is a screen shot of the issue.
What expression should I use to calculate the average for many questions?
many thanks
LSequation6.jpg

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95841

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 824
Hello,

With array question type (for example ARRAY with SQ1 and SQ2), the code ARRAY mean nothing.

You can use ARRAY_SQ1 and ARRAY_SQ2 or that.ARRAY (mean the array of all subQ) . And round is not average, round is round: www.php.net/manual/en/function.round.php

If you need average: use {sum(that.ARRAY)/2} : if you want real average or {sum(that.ARRAY)/count(that.ARRAY)} if you need average for answered question only.

And please : look at the documentation : manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager

Need to calculate an average score on some survey questions il y a 1 an 4 mois #95842

• cchait
  • Portrait de cchait
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Denis
I have it all calculating ok now.
last question... I hope..

I do not see the equation answer/total in the {ANSWERTABLE} when it generates it to an email of the response.
How can I show this question / answer on the basic and detailed admin notification email?
Is it because the question is hidden in the survey or because I don't have any CSS defined? If so what css logic do I add and to which file?

many thanks
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.139 secondes
Donation Image