Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Is LimeSurvey 508 Compliant??

Is LimeSurvey 508 Compliant?? il y a 1 an 7 mois #92891

• jespar
  • Portrait de jespar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

Looking to use LimeSurvey for a project involving a US Federal Grant. They require 508 Compliance. I can't find anything that says LimeSurvey is 508 compliant. Can anyone confirm that it is so I can use LimeSurvey for my grant. I don't know enough about what makes something 508 compliant to know.

Thanks - Julie

508 Compliance

The Department of Health and Human Services synopsis of Section 508 accessibility requirements, requires that all Federal agencies are obligated to make all electronic and information technology (EIT) that they develop, maintain or use compliant with Section 508. EIT purchases made on or after June 25, 2001, are subject to Section 508.

Federal regulations and guidelines (e.g., Section 501 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act) require equal access for individuals with disabilities. Therefore, Federal agencies are required, upon request, to provide information and data to individuals with disabilities through an alternative means of access that can be used by the individuals.

The National Library of Medicine is a part of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Recipients of National Library of Medicine funding through the NN/LM must also meet these requirements.

More information on 508 Compliance is located at www.section508.gov.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Is LimeSurvey 508 Compliant?? il y a 1 an 7 mois #92898

• helper
  • Portrait de helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 18

Is LimeSurvey 508 Compliant?? il y a 1 an 7 mois #92920

• jespar
  • Portrait de jespar
  • Fresh Lemon
helper,

I appreciate the link to the previous post on 508 compliance. However, it is almost three years old and I was hoping that LimeSurvey itself had a document like this. s3.amazonaws.com/SurveyMonkeyFiles/VPAT_SurveyMonkey.pdf I'm not a technical person but I can use your software and I'm not sure I can fill something like this out and be confident.

I really would love for this to be apart of the FAQ or Help manual,

Julie

Is LimeSurvey 508 Compliant?? il y a 1 an 7 mois #92944

• helper
  • Portrait de helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 18
Good point Julie! I know that based on my implementation, I had to make minimal changes to make my version of LimeSurvey comply with the W3C WCAG 1.0 and 2.0 accessibility standards, and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.

Actually, the whole Section 508 paradigm responsibility should rest with the developers/planners/implementation person(s) putting together any survey (regardless of the underlying technologies).

I know from my experience in the public sector the 100% compliance of Section 508 is not difficult even though there is a very very very small part of your audience that MAY take advantage of the additional work.

Of course if you ever want an example of how NOT to attempt to comply with Section 508 you only have to visit www.whitehouse.gov.

Is LimeSurvey 508 Compliant?? il y a 1 an 7 mois #92953

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 824
Hello,

There are more WCAG standards in the next release.

Some question are less accessible than other, but you can test survey in www.cynthiasays.com/

Denis
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.129 secondes
Donation Image