Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : PROBLEM WITH NUMBER OF QUESTIONS

PROBLEM WITH NUMBER OF QUESTIONS il y a 1 an 11 mois #88234

• Honame
  • Portrait de Honame
  • Junior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Hello,

I think the number of questions is not allowing me to activate my survey. I have 616 variables/questions in total. I know it is quite a lot but I need that number of questions because of the nature of the survey. Anyway, the issue is that when I try to activate the survey I get the error message: "Survey cannot create table. Database error!!". I then deleted one by one some modules for testing and I got it activated when I reduce the number to around 300. I tried a coulpe of times, deleting different modules every time with the same result.

I contacted my hosting service to see if the problem was the server, but they checked and there is no problem the database setting without finding any problem. They said it must be an issue with LS.

The survey works perfectly when testing, the problem is that it cannot be activated.

Any ideas please?

H

HEre is te survey in case you want to check: sendit.wur.nl/Download.aspx?id=914f9c0f-...3c-9de5-13a6b3f785d7
20121108_BACK_UP.lss
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Re: PROBLEM WITH NUMBER OF QUESTIONS il y a 1 an 11 mois #88272

• Honame
  • Portrait de Honame
  • Junior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Any ideas? please???

Re: PROBLEM WITH NUMBER OF QUESTIONS il y a 1 an 11 mois #88286

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 839
Hello,

It's not reaaly a LS bug , but a db limitation:
docs.limesurvey.org/General+FAQ#regarding_survey_size

We don't use actually nodb system ;).

You can split a survey between 3 survey, with End URL and Automatically load URL when survey complete.
And you can prefill a question of the second survey with ssssXgggXqqq={SAVEDID} (see : Prefilling survey answers using the survey URL).

Denis

Re: PROBLEM WITH NUMBER OF QUESTIONS il y a 1 an 11 mois #88329

• Honame
  • Portrait de Honame
  • Junior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Hey Denis,

I have seen the first link, but I haven't even reached the maximum in any of those case. The only thing that comes to my mind is the column type of PostgreSQL, because it says 250-1600 depending on the column type. Anyway, I guess, and hope, theres must be something tricky happening :P... don;t know what though ;)

H
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.124 secondes
Donation Image