Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey?

LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey? il y a 1 an 9 mois #87620

• spacejanitor
  • Portrait de spacejanitor
  • Senior Lime
Here's another problem...

I'm looking to keep a counter of the amount of times that a particular radio button has been clicked for a particular survey. Of course, I can do this with quotas. But can I reference that total from within the survey itself?

Here's what I want to do: randomly display 3 images side-by-side. However, I care about which image is displayed first, because I want to ensure that of my 300 desired surveys, 100 of them see Image1 first, 100 of them see Image2 first, and 100 of them see Image3 first.

I propose to do this by creating 3 duplicate questions with the following permutations:
Q1_1: Image1, Image2, Image3
Q1_2: Image2, Image1, Image3
Q1_3: Image3, Image1, Image2

So, what I want to do is, in the "Relevance" for that question, I would like to write, "quota1 <= 100"... meaning that if Q1_1 has been seen/selected by the user 100 times, this question will not be displayed.

I could implement this either by checking a quota, or by having a counter variable that increments each time the page is submitted, or by counting responses from previous surveys.

Any help greatly appreciated!
I'm a call centre and market research technology consultant, lead/sample provider, and panel broker.

I'm also the co-founder and former IT Director of Winning Research Ltd. - LimeSurvey helped the company become a multi-million dollar company within just a few years!
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Re: LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey? il y a 1 an 8 mois #87700

• Mazi
  • Portrait de Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 291
Can't you just use the answer randomization (available at the advanced question settings) to always randomize the question? If there are 300 users, you should have a 95% perfect equal distribution (if not better).

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey? il y a 1 an 8 mois #87701

• spacejanitor
  • Senior Lime
Well, the challenge is that the client may want perfect distribution. 100, 100, 100. So randomization does not give so much confidence.

My current implementation uses 3 relevance equations based on SAVEDID:
(SAVEDID - floor(SAVEDID / 3) * 3 == 0)
(SAVEDID - floor(SAVEDID / 3) * 3 == 1)
(SAVEDID - floor(SAVEDID / 3) * 3 == 2)
I'm a call centre and market research technology consultant, lead/sample provider, and panel broker.

I'm also the co-founder and former IT Director of Winning Research Ltd. - LimeSurvey helped the company become a multi-million dollar company within just a few years!

Re: LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey? il y a 1 an 8 mois #87702

• Mazi
  • Portrait de Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
When using the SAVEDID, keep in mind that your image question should be placed on the second page, because a new ID is assigned once the user has clicked "next" AND there might be users which might drop of before reaching this question if it is placed at the end of the survey.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 8 mois par Mazi.

Re: LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey? il y a 1 an 8 mois #87876

• spacejanitor
  • Senior Lime
Just reviving this topic...

I think being able to reference a quota total from within EM would be a HUGE benefit to the market research community. It seems like a relatively simple addition, since the quota data is available in the database as well.

How could we go about potentially starting a feature like this?

Re: LS 2.00+: Referencing a quota total, or response from another completed survey? il y a 1 an 5 mois #93052

• Mazi
  • Portrait de Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
spacejanitor écrit:
Just reviving this topic...

I think being able to reference a quota total from within EM would be a HUGE benefit to the market research community. It seems like a relatively simple addition, since the quota data is available in the database as well.

How could we go about potentially starting a feature like this?
You can add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.152 secondes
Donation Image