Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Voice Surveys instead of Web

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 10 mois 3 jours #96922

• aliaas76LES
  • Portrait de aliaas76LES
  • Fresh Lemon
First of all, LimeSurvey is so cool! I'm super impressed with the features and how quickly a one can get up and running using it.

Has there been any interest in "voice-enabling" surveys? This could be accomplished by seeing that the user-agent is an IVR as opposed to a web browser and output VoiceXML as opposed to HTML.

I did a simple search of the site and did not find voice. Personally I think this would be an excellent addition to Lime Survey. Thanks in advance.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 9 mois 3 semaines #97357

• aliaas76LES
  • Portrait de aliaas76LES
  • Fresh Lemon
Let me extend my question to ask about multi-contact method surveys: Web, Voice OR Text Message surveys. Voice surveys meaning outbound phone calls to customers.

Thank you.

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 9 mois 2 semaines #97532

• jelo
  • Portrait de jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 40
There are active/inactive projects which extend Limesurvey in terms of telephone interviews.

CatiSurvey (might be a good start as a inspiration for an feature request)
Code is no longer maintained, so only a source for code ideas.
www.crium.univ-metz.fr/gestion/catisurvey/

queXS (active project, might be a solution for you)
quexs.sourceforge.net/

TelSurvey
telsurvey.univ-lemans.fr/en/presentation.html

On this forum there are a few people asking for telephone support from time to time. E.g.
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...i-phone-based-survey

A real mixedmode (e.g. being able to interview over telephone and offer people a code to switch interview to web and show them certain things alligned to the telephone interview is a long way to go. Limesurvey won't be able to compete to the commercial packages. The potential clients are rare and development is complex. Perhaps LS 2.1 be able to offer more power to external developers. I cannot tell at the moment.

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 9 mois 2 semaines #97539

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 711
jelo écrit: telsurvey is active and is LS2 comaptible.

And yes: doing a "just by phone" survey can not be really done: by phone , you can have only "single choice" question and survey must be really short.
Voice to text tools are speratae big tools.

But have a survey can be done:
- by web with invitation link.
- by phone interviwer with a CATI and launch same survey (maybe with some specific part (using token with usesleft very high and some EM if(TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1=="cati","Explain that","The question")

Is actually possible : i already done such survey for client.

Denis

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 9 mois 2 semaines #97553

• jelo
  • Portrait de jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 40
DenisChenu écrit:
And yes: doing a "just by phone" survey can not be really done: by phone , you can have only "single choice" question and survey must be really short.

Only single choice? Why that? Are you talking about a technical restriction of telsurvey?
But have a survey can be done:
- by web with invitation link.
- by phone interviwer with a CATI and launch same survey (maybe with some specific part (using token with usesleft very high and some EM if(TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1=="cati","Explain that","The question")

Limesurvey is missing a small CATI screen in front of each inteview. That screen would show the telephone number to call and a way to schedule calls. To get an impression what is meant take a look at
www.cfmc.com/2011/12/08/new-webcati-demo/

Workarounds are nice. But project setup times are to short to allow a wide adaption of limesurvey for such an purpose.

How many people are interested in such a feature? Perhaps a feature request with money spent can be setup.

These IVR / VoiceXML stuff sound not very suitable in a human survey interaction. The whole dial automation industry are doing great harm to customer interaction. Even these predialers in surveys are hurting response rates. These whole things are telling respondents they are not valued enough. When somebody calls me via phone I expect a human being on the other side of the line.
Dernière édition: il y a 9 mois 2 semaines par jelo. Raison: Fixed BBCode

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 9 mois 2 semaines #97560

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 711
Only single choice? Why that? Are you talking about a technical restriction of telsurvey?
No, misunderstanting. I don't speak of "phone with interviewer" survey (like telsurvey and other CATI). But for "only phone survey", because when i call some phone center , to repeat 4 times : "Yes" to be understanding is really boring for me.

These IVR / VoiceXML stuff sound not very suitable in a human survey interaction. The whole dial automation industry are doing great harm to customer interaction. Even these predialers in surveys are hurting response rates. These whole things are telling respondents they are not valued enough. When somebody calls me via phone I expect a human being on the other side of the line.
It's EXACTLY what i mean when saying :

Denis

Voice Surveys instead of Web il y a 9 mois 1 semaine #97900

• cpiguy
  • Portrait de cpiguy
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the information on potential suitors for IVR phone surveys.

Too bad you can't have a partnership with one or more suitors like callfire.com.

Callfire has its own API. If you could put a wrapper around it and incorporate into
limesurvey, people could create web and phone surveys simultaneously. Out side of the application people could record the questions and answers or do text to voice in the software itself.

Just my 2 cents. Love this software.
Temps de génération de la page : 0.155 secondes
Donation Image