Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : How to count number of multi choice boxes checked

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 4 semaines #107834

• qsgt
  • Portrait de qsgt
  • Fresh Lemon
Can someone please five me some code to count the number of multi choice check boxes that a user has checked. I have attached a copy of the question.

image.jpg

I would like to put in an equation that says something along the lines of you have selected to attend on x days. Where x is the number of selected dates.

Thanks
qsgt
Dernière édition: il y a 3 mois 4 semaines par qsgt.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 4 semaines #107849

• Ben_V
  • Portrait de Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 235
Hello,

Use the following snippet into an equation question type (just replace "QQ" by your correct multiple choice question code):
{count(that.QQ)}
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Cet utilisateur a été remercié pour son message par: DenisChenu, qsgt

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 3 semaines #107868

• qsgt
  • Portrait de qsgt
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

OK thanks,

could you clarify some things for me:

If my question is in a different group do I have to include the group number? If so what format do I use? Because I want to count multiple check boxes what format do I use?

Thanks,
qsgt

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 3 semaines #107880

• Ben_V
  • Portrait de Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
No, you don't have to include the group number... just beware that your multiple choice question code is unique in your survey...
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Cet utilisateur a été remercié pour son message par: qsgt

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 3 semaines #107928

• qsgt
  • Portrait de qsgt
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I have more that one question that is multiple choice I do I reference what question I want in the equation I have tried setting it up so that each subquestion has a different question but it just comes up as a syntax error.

Thanks very much for the help so far it is much appreciated.

qsgt

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 3 semaines #107932

• Ben_V
  • Portrait de Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
Please import the attached sample survey and have a look... I hope it contains all expected answers to your question
Pièces jointes :
Benoît

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 3 semaines #107935

• qsgt
  • Portrait de qsgt
  • Fresh Lemon
When I try to import in file I get the following message:

This is not a valid LimeSurvey survey structure XML file.

Also is it possible to save the number outputted for use in another equation?

Sorry for the hassel,
qsgt

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 3 mois 3 semaines #107938

• Ben_V
  • Portrait de Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
Sorry, try with the new export...

You can reuse "{count(that.Q1)}", "{count(that.Q2)}" etc... wherever you want and manage all kind of mathematical operation. Results will be save automatically into the DB.

For example to sum the results (in a new equation):
{sum(count(that.q1))+(count(that.q2))}
Pièces jointes :
Benoît

How to count number of multi choice boxes checked il y a 2 mois 2 semaines #109483

• qsgt
  • Portrait de qsgt
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks a lot worked perfectly

qsgt
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.248 secondes
Donation Image