Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Template based on type of unit

Template based on type of unit il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102176

• granen
  • Portrait de granen
  • Gold Donor
Hi,

We got problems with the response rate in our surveys for respondents who opens the survey in a mobile phone. The theme that we use for the moment adjusts to the screen size, but since the buttons is to small it is still not that easy to respond. Is there any possibilities to have a mobile template that activates when the user got a mobile phone? Have seen that several commercial survey applications got this kind of functionality.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Template based on type of unit il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102186

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 381
This is not an easy one!

There are several ways to approach this. You can use a different CSS file depending on the media type: www.w3schools.com/css/css_mediatypes.asp

I am not sure how good this works.

Or there are services / tools that can detect the device and then forward to the respective survey. But this is not trivial I think.

Maybe someone has done something similar already.

Or you could have an own landing page, where you ask about the device and then forward to the respective survey.

For example, on the tablet I usually prefer the normal site, while some sites want to force me into the mobile site, which often has less functionality, etc.So maybe it is best to give the respondents the option and you avoid wrong "detection".
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Template based on type of unit il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102206

• granen
  • Portrait de granen
  • Gold Donor
Hi holch and thanks for your answer.

The best would of course be a function that detects and forward smartphone users to a mobile template. Guess it will be hard for me to implement so I guess my best option is to add it to feature requests.

//Erik

Template based on type of unit il y a 11 mois 3 semaines #102207

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 381
Of course you can add it as a feature request, but to be honest, I don't see this being implemented very soon, as long as no one sponsors it (I am not involved in development decisions, so this is just my impression).

This is quite complicated to implement from what I can see and would need an up to date database of devices, so they can be identified.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.127 secondes
Donation Image