Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Hide multiple Questions

Hide multiple Questions il y a 11 mois 2 semaines #95564

• vabsi
  • Portrait de vabsi
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

From what I read in the manual you can "Hide" Questions. Can I hide questions based on my example below.

Q1
Q2
Q3

If I select, only one of the 3 Questions, can the other 2 be hidden or somehow not shown on the current page?

thanks vabsi
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Hide multiple Questions il y a 11 mois 2 semaines #95567

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 254
Sorry, but it is not really clear what you want to do and how you want to determine which questions should be hidden and which not. For Limesurvey to hide the questions they are eather always hidden (so no respondent will see them), or they are shown/hidden based on the responses in a previous question (conditions).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Hide multiple Questions il y a 11 mois 2 semaines #95568

• vabsi
  • Portrait de vabsi
  • Fresh Lemon
vabsi écrit:
Hello,

From what I read in the manual you can "Hide" Questions. Can I hide questions based on my example below.

Q1
Q2
Q3

If I select, only one of the 3 Questions, can the other 2 be hidden or somehow not shown on the current page?

thanks vabsi

Hmmm,

Let me try to restate and expand my task.

If there are 3 questions (Question Type of Yes/No) and one of the questions is selected, the selected Question will have a condition set to bring up a series of related questions. No, problem with this part.

What I want to achieve is by selecting one of the 3 questions, I want to hide the 2 questions that were not selected or maybe branch to another page based on the selected question.

The bottom line is, I don't want the client that is taking the survey to be able to select either of the other 2 questions, hence hide or branch to another page. However, if there is a another way to achieve the same objective that would be great if you could point me in that direction.

Hide multiple Questions il y a 11 mois 2 semaines #95575

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 254
Hmmm as well. ;-)

Sounds really strange and I don't understand why you would want to do something like that, but then what do I know... :-)

As I still don't really understand the logic behind all this, I won't be of much help. If you could share a real example or a mockup of the questions, maybe we can find a solution that fits your needs and works with Limesurvey out of the box.

Or maybe I am just thinking too complicated.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Cet utilisateur a été remercié pour son message par: vabsi

Hide multiple Questions il y a 11 mois 2 semaines #95588

• kobaltz
  • Portrait de kobaltz
  • Junior Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 4
The only way you would be able to hide the Q1, Q2, Q3 is if you use the array_filter within the Question settings. However, the array_filter option, will reference to the code of a previous question on the survey.

It will not follow this kind of logic,

IF answered YES on question_1 THEN show question_4_Q1
IF answered YES on question_2 THEN show question_4_Q2
IF answered YES on question_3 THEN show question_4_Q3

Instead, it works like

question_1: List your different names for meals
question_1_Q1: Breakfast: (TEXT BOX)
question_1_Q2: Lunch: (TEXT BOX)
question_1_Q3: Dinner: (TEXT BOX)

question_2(with question_1 array_filter set): Answer the following questions
question_2_Q1: Do you eat {question_1_Q1.shown} every day? (YES/NO/NO ANSWER)
question_2_Q2: Do you eat {question_1_Q2.shown} every day? (YES/NO/NO ANSWER)
question_2_Q3: Do you eat {question_1_Q3.shown} every day? (YES/NO/NO ANSWER)

In the above example, If you had only entered text in the Breakfast and Dinner boxes, then in question_2, it would only have shown question_2_Q1 and question_2_Q2. From what I am understanding with your question, it is not possible to do with the current version of Limesurvey.
Cet utilisateur a été remercié pour son message par: vabsi

Hide multiple Questions il y a 11 mois 2 semaines #95589

• vabsi
  • Portrait de vabsi
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you both for your input. I did try a number of combinations with the Relevance Equation. Finally, I compromised my original objective. The best I could do is hide 2 out of 3 questions. So, I chose to display what I deemed as the most important. For your reference here is what I did:
  • aaqpop: [((aaq.NAOK == "Y"))] aaqpo
  • cappop: [((cap.NAOK == "Y"))] cappop
  • hacpop: [((hac.NAOK == "Y"))] hacpop
  • cap: [(is_empty(aaqpop.NAOK) && (is_empty(hacpop.NAOK)))] cap
  • aaq: [(is_empty(cap.NAOK))] aaq
  • hac: [(is_empty(cap.NAOK))] hac

There maybe a cleaner way, however, with compromise this appears to have solved the problem.

Thanks again!
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.145 secondes
Donation Image