Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : 6 points choice -

6 points choice - il y a 1 an 5 mois #95471

• flo127
  • Portrait de flo127
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everyone,

I try to create a questionnaire with the question type "5 points choice" but the problem is that I use a scale of 6. I know I can go through the array customization mode and fill six different fields with numbers such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, but in this case LimeSurvey will not recognize that I talking about figures and therefore won't calculate an automatic arithmetic which is essential in my case.

So I changed the file qanda_helper.php which now allows me to have 6 points when I select this type of question.
Capturedcran2013-04-3011.34.32.png

The only problem is that in the results that LimeSurvey generate, it ignores the sixth point in his calculations and added a line "Not completed or Not displayed: XX"

Capturedcran2013-04-3011.34.19.png

Which file should I change to be sure Limesurvey will take into consideration the sixth point into his statistics ?

Thank you to all

Florian
University of Montreal
Florian

Développement professionnel continu
Faculté de Médecine
Université de Montréal
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 5 mois par flo127.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

6 points choice - il y a 1 an 5 mois #95529

• ResearchOnBlogs
  • Portrait de ResearchOnBlogs
  • Gold Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 16
Hi Florian,
why do you don't use a single choice with 6 answers? I my opinion it isn't a good solution to hack the core questiontypes.

Cheers Kai

research on BLOGS - Professional LimeSurvey support
Consultant - Templates - Training - JQuery magic - Support - Coding - Survey creation and more..

Contact
Professional LimeSurvey support
Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.

6 points choice - il y a 1 an 5 mois #95562

• flo127
  • Portrait de flo127
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your answer

I don't use this feature because it doesn't make any arithmetic mean by himself (what I'm exactly looking for). I know I can use excel but the objective is to make all those stuffs automatically to save time for everyone.
Florian

Développement professionnel continu
Faculté de Médecine
Université de Montréal

6 points choice - il y a 1 an 5 mois #95563

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 359
Well, ideally you program a patch that will recognize the figures in the scale for any custom scale and calculate a mean value, so that it can be included in the Limesurvey-core. Because if you change it only for your installation, with every update it could be destroyed.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.127 secondes
Donation Image