Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token-based survey without respondent email addresses

More
9 years 8 months ago #110485 by mikeu
Is it possible to create a survey with tokens that does not require knowing the potential respondents' email addresses in advance? For instance, I could imagine wanting to hand out cards with unique tokens to attendees of an event, or to send physical mail to a group of people whose emails I don't know.

From what I've read in the documentation it sounds as if I may have to generate a fake email address for each token, and then configure LimeSurvey to not send confirmation emails. Is this the best way to go about it? Or are tokens without email addresses supported?

If the fake email address is required, is it possible to ask each tokenised respondent for their email address (optionally) and, if they provide it, update the token's email accordingly and only in that case send a confirmation?

Thanks,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: amsters0987
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 8 months ago #110585 by rauno_s
creating dummy tokens with fake e-mails (and not sending confirmations) would be the best (easiest) option. You can always ask the respondents for their real e-mail addresses, but LS can not update the tokens on the fly.

A workaround would be that you create a standalone screener in php, that asks for e-mail, then creates a token entry with the provided e-mail through Limesurvey API and then directs the respondent to the survey through the correct link. Then the confirmation e-mail option is possible.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 8 months ago #110604 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Or you can construct a beforeSurveyPage plugin : github.com/Shnoulle/LS-replaceRegister

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose