Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token?

Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token? il y a 7 mois 5 jours #105112

• dweisser
  • Portrait de dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
  • Remerciements reçus 5
It seems that you can EITHER allow a single respondent to edit a submitted OR allow that same user to add a new response to the database. This is accomplished by setting: Allow token based persistence to "Yes" and Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token? to "Yes"

I have a requirement where the respondent must be able to do one AND the other. So, my question is this: Is there a configuration that will allow a single respondent, identified by a token, to choose to edit a previously submitted survey or choose to simply answer a new one?

Thank you for your consideration,
David
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token? il y a 7 mois 5 jours #105113

• dweisser
  • Portrait de dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
  • Remerciements reçus 5
To add to my question above:
It seems that when you allow Token-Based Persistence, the template drops the Exit and Clear All button.
I'm using a Basic clone.

I've thought of using a javascript button that clears all the fields of a previously submitted survey.
However, this is not the same as allowing the respondent to choose to submit a new survey.

The option says, Allow multiple responses or Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token. Am I missing something obvious?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - as always.
David

Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token? il y a 7 mois 3 jours #105198

• dweisser
  • Portrait de dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
  • Remerciements reçus 5
Am I resigned to conclude that this is not possible?

Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token? il y a 7 mois 3 jours #105202

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 818
Hi,

Not core included. Need a plugin (and no idea actually how to start).

Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token? il y a 7 mois 1 jour #105303

• dweisser
  • Portrait de dweisser
  • Bronze Donor
  • Remerciements reçus 5
Denis,
I found a partial solution. I think. :silly:

0) Set up your survey to use tokens.
1) Set up a user group and add that repondent name to it.
2) Restrict permissions for that user such that he can only view and updates responses.

Of course the problem is attaching that respondent's token to the data entery screen so he can only view his response. He can change any response he likes! Is there was a way to use a query string to limit this?
http://www.domainname.com/survey/index.php?r=admin/responses/sa/index/surveyid/944284

I'm still in 2.00+. (Waiting for comfort update!) What do you think?
David
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.217 secondes
Donation Image