Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Presenting each user with a random subset of questions

Presenting each user with a random subset of questions il y a 9 mois 1 semaine #100978

• Tune
  • Portrait de Tune
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi!

I've been trying to use Limesurvey to create a survey where each user is presented with a set of questions that is randomly chosen from a larger set. But I haven't found a way yet. I'm using Limesurvey hosted by LimeService.com and the version is 2.00+

What I want to do is present the user with 40 questions randomly chosen from a larger set of ~200. And the way I thought to do this was to hide the last x number of questions in the survey after they all have been randomised.

What I've tried:
  • I've tried using the question attribute "qseq" in the relevance equations but apparently that variable isn't evaluated until after the relevance equation is evaluated, which makes this approach impossible.
  • Right now I'm trying to use a separate "equation question" to store the "qseq" variable of the previous question (after it has been evaluated), and then use the "equation question" value in the relevance equation of the next question somehow. =)

Question:
Is there anyway you know of to accomplish this type of survey structure? (choosing a random subset for each user)

Best Regards
/Mikael
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Presenting each user with a random subset of questions il y a 8 mois 1 semaine #101662

• Tune
  • Portrait de Tune
  • Fresh Lemon
I finally discovered a way to do this without using javascript! =)

Since qseq (and gseq) are not fully determined until after the relevance equation of the same question is evaluated, you have to circumvent this.

This is how you do it:
  1. Create a separate group for each question you plan to have in the survey.
  2. Put all the groups in the same Randomization group.
  3. As the first question (Q1) in each group you should have an Equation question with the group sequential number. Meaning you should write {self.gseq} as the description.
  4. As the second question (Q2) you should have another equation question with a unique value of your choice. This value is used later to identify the question in the response database.
  5. Question 1 & 2 can be set to Always hidden so the participants don't have to see them.
  6. As the third question (Q3) you should have the actual question you want to present to the participants.
  7. The final and very important step is to set the Relevance equation of Q2 & Q3 to "QCODE<N" (without the "), where "QCODE" is the code you chose for question Q1 and "N" is the number of questions that you want presented to each user.
Dernière édition: il y a 8 mois 1 semaine par Tune.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.121 secondes
Donation Image