Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys

Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys il y a 1 an 2 mois #98306

• ajparag
  • Portrait de ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Follow this procedure to translate all surveys in the desired language quick and easy

Step 1: Setup LimeSurvey

A. Install all new fonts in the Computer/ Server
B. Add language folders in ~\htdocs\locale
C. Go to ~\htdocs\application\helpers and insert commands for the desired languages in SurveyRuntimeHelper.php
D. Go to ~\ htdocs\third_party\ckeditor\_source\plugins\font and edit Plugin.js file using notepad++. Press ctrl+f and search for ‘verdana’. Add all the fonts that you have installed in step A.
E. Go to ~\htdocs\third_party\ckeditor and edit ckeditor.js file using notepad++. Press ctrl+f and search for ‘verdana’. Add all the fonts that you have installed in step A.
Note: Step 1 is to be performed only once. You can skip this step for all subsequent projects.

Step 2: Export Survey

A. Export your Survey in .txt (UTF-8 format).
B. Open the .txt file in excel.

Step 3: Import Translations

A. Look for the language code in the .txt file. Copy all ‘en’ entries of the questions (with their respective answer options) on a new excel sheet.
B. Now open the translated excel sheet shared by the client and perform vlookup. Check for errors and incomplete translations.
C. Once all translations are done, copy the translated entries and paste them in automated translations.xlsx sheet.
D. Final step. Now, copy the output generated from the automated translations.xlsx sheet and paste it in the .txt file.

Step 4: Save and Upload

A. Save the .txt file in the same format i.e. Tab Delimited.
B. Now open LimeSurvey and Import the survey.

You have just translated your complete questionnaire!
Pièces jointes :
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 2 mois par ajparag.
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.
Cet utilisateur a été remercié pour son message par: Mazi, trivender

Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys il y a 1 an 2 mois #98314

• Mazi
  • Portrait de Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 296
Please add this information to our manual at manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Furth..._by_LimeSurvey_users.
The forum is cleaned up regularly, so sooner or later your valuable solution might get lost. Therefore, the manual is the better place.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys il y a 1 an 2 mois #98333

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 824
Hello,
Why first step ? New fonts are not necessary.

Denis

Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys il y a 1 an 2 mois #98349

• ajparag
  • Portrait de ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Remerciements reçus 2
For languages like Hindi, urdu, chinese, etc. that have a different form of writing script, it is recommended (by me) that the scripter installs it in LimeSurvey.

Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys il y a 1 an 2 mois #98378

• DenisChenu
  • Portrait de DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 824
Oh, think :

1st : i rarely use HTML editor (need to track this).
2nd: i use GNU/Linux workstation and default caracter set are realy in utf8.

I think it's a good feature request : can write directly in Hindi, urdu, chinese, in all browser : think there are already some fonts on ls core.

Denis

Automate translations in LimeSurvey - Save Time in translating surveys il y a 10 mois 2 semaines #101635

• trivender
  • Portrait de trivender
  • Expert Lime
  • Remerciements reçus 6
I have few queries in step 1,

Point C:-Do I need to edit file "SurveyRuntimeHelper.php" or surveytranslator_helper.php in ~\htdocs\application\helpers directory

Point D and E:-I don't see folder "ckeditor" in ~\ htdocs\third_party\ directory.

Thanks
Trivender Singh
Survey Designer and Programmer
"I always suggest to have a group by group display layout and create a seprate group for each question. This will be extra work but you will get flexiblity to create your question by using more than more lime survey question types."
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.141 secondes
Donation Image