Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple tokens for a single user

• TarkiB
  • TarkiB's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #95403 by TarkiB
Multiple tokens for a single user was created by TarkiB
Hi there,

I want users to be able to answer the same survey multiple times. The key thing is that I don't want previous answers to be overwritten.

The reason for this is that I want users to take the survey every year or so, and I need to be able to compare their responses to see what has changed over time. I need to be able to do this comparison on a per-user basis.

It seems that the best way to do this would be to have multiple tokens assigned to a single person. Is there a way to do this? Or is there a better way to go about it?

Please note, the 'token uses' option is no help, as each time they submit their answers, it overwrites the previous anwers.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 10 months ago #95413 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Multiple tokens for a single user

Please note, the 'token uses' option is no help, as each time they submit their answers, it overwrites the previous anwers.

This should not be the case. Make sure you have "Allow editing of answers after completion" set to "No".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TarkiB
More
10 years 10 months ago #95435 by muriloconte
Replied by muriloconte on topic Multiple tokens for a single user
I have in a sense the same problem. I need users to fill in some requests forms and, obviously, one user must be able to fill in many different requests. As I could see, the token system only allows one user -> one form.

Any hint?
  • TarkiB
  • TarkiB's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #95456 by TarkiB
Replied by TarkiB on topic Multiple tokens for a single user
muriloconte, I think you may be after something like this ?

tpartner, thanks for that suggestion, that worked perfectly. I have another question that you might be able to help me out with.

Is there a way to automatically make evey token have a certain number of uses? For example, when I click Generate Tokens, it generates a token for each survey participant, but that token only has one use. Is there a way to change evey token for evey survey participant to have 5 uses instead of 1?

Currently the only way to change token uses is individually, and due to the number of participants I have, that won't really work.

Cheers!
More
10 years 10 months ago #95457 by bdg
Replied by bdg on topic Multiple tokens for a single user
When you import a CSV file with participants, you can add a field called 'usesleft' and set it to whatever maximum number of times you want each participant to be able to complete the survey. If you don't include this field in the CSV file then LimeSurvey defaults to 1.

If you already have a long list of participants then you may have to download the tokens, change the values in the 'usesleft' column and save, delete all token entries for that survey in LimeSurvey, and upload the CSV file again. CSV import is described here .

Or, if you can access the database directly, then a small SQL update query directly on the relevant token table will do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TarkiB

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose