Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Adding assessment value to multiple options...

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 3 mois #95009

• kettner
  • Portrait de kettner
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I have recently upgraded LimeSurvey to 1.92+ where I can use Expression Manager for tailored assessments. However I do not master this feature yet. Could you please give me a hand with the issue how to add assessment value to multiple options question type?
The point is that I need to prepare a testing survey like an exam and I have added a multiple question type to the survey e.g. as follows:

Question (Select the correct options):
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4...

Let´s assume that only options 2 and 4 are correct, so the respondent should get 1 point for each correct answer (option). If option 1 or 3 are selected, then he/she gets 0 points.
Could anyone please advice me how to write an equation / relevance in order to:
1) add value 1 or 0 to the options
2) how to calculate the total sum of points received within this question?

I am affraid I still have troubles with using the correct syntax for the expressions that would solve this issue but I was not able to find the appropriate answer within this forum.

Thank you very much for any help.

Kettner
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 3 mois #95024

• tpartner
  • Portrait de tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 740
Try:
sum(q1_SQ002 == 'Y', q1_SQ004 == 'Y')

(where q1 is the question code, SQ002 and SQ004 are the "correct" sub-question codes)
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 3 mois par tpartner.

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 3 mois #95042

• kettner
  • Portrait de kettner
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you very much Tony!

I would also need to generate a report about correct and wrong answers after submission of the survey. Can I somehow do it like if I used assessment feature?
Now I have prepared a summary using assessment which displays total score in the test and it also displays a summary of correct reponses. It works fine but it does not include multiple options question type.
Can I somehow insert equations or display texts for a report after submission of the survey?

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 3 mois #95043

• tpartner
  • Portrait de tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
You can't use equation or text-display questions in the end page (after survey is completed).

If you need to display more detailed results, I recommend you do all of the scoring with Expression Manager instead of Assessments. Then in a final group (before survey completion) you can use relevance, equations, and text-display questions to show (and store) the results.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 3 mois #95046

• kettner
  • Portrait de kettner
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, thank you. This sounds perfect, however may have a potential side-effect that a person may not submit the result at all if he/she sees the results before the submission and sees that he/she does not pass the test and then simply repeat the test, given that there is not set the "only once" usage of the access key to the test.
I will try to use a final group anyway, thank you again.
Vít Kettner

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 1 mois #97179

• Olga
  • Portrait de Olga
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,
I have the same issue as kettner, that I want to add assessment value to multiple options.
You (tpartner) wrote down an equation (sum(q1_SQ002 == 'Y', q1_SQ004 == 'Y')) with which I believe it would work. But I have no single idea where exactly I have to add this! Could you help me, please?

julai

Adding assessment value to multiple options... il y a 1 an 1 mois #97189

• tpartner
  • Portrait de tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Insert it in an equation question.

It should be pointed out that this will not use the LimeSurvey Assessments feature but will simply store a "score" for the question in the data.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.198 secondes
Donation Image