Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Can I install LimeSurvey on Ubuntu?

Can I install LimeSurvey on Ubuntu? il y a 1 an 3 semaines #94062

• ajparag
  • Portrait de ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Remerciements reçus 2
Hi,
Is it possible to install LimeSurvey on Ubuntu? If yes, how to go about it? There are no instructions provided for installing it on Ubuntu at docs.limesurvey.org
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Can I install LimeSurvey on Ubuntu? il y a 1 an 3 semaines #94067

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 254
Hi!

Of course you can install it on Ubuntu. Limesurvey is a web application based on PHP/MySQL. This means you need to have a webserver running for it to use. I don't think it makes sense to explain how to setup and configure a webserver in docs.limesurvey.org.

There are loads of tutorials out there.

Keep in mind: Limesurvey is not a software that you run on your desktop computer, but on your server. You can use it on your localhost for developing, but a production ready LS should be installed on a webserver.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Can I install LimeSurvey on Ubuntu? il y a 1 an 3 semaines #94179

• ajparag
  • Portrait de ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Remerciements reçus 2
I have tried installinf it in Ubuntu but in vain.
I have installed apache2 and mysql in Ubuntu. However, I am mot pro at directing the apache2 server to the limesurvey folder. Somehow, it is not working. Request you guys to share a tutorial on this. It will be way too helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
AJParag

Can I install LimeSurvey on Ubuntu? il y a 1 an 3 semaines #94189

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 254
I am not quite sure what you mean with "I am mot pro at directing...".

You need to put the limesurvey folder into the folder "public_html" or "www" within your apache. You need Apache, PHP, Mysql. docs.limesurvey.org/Installation&structu...rvey_on_your_website

Once you have a working webserver, you can just follow the description here. But installing a webserver depends very much on your server/system, so it doesn't really make sense to cover this. Especially as it is not Limesurvey specific and there are loads of tutorials for Ubuntu out there, for example here:
www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_debian_lamp_server

Or the Xampp project:
andyhat.co.uk/2012/07/installing-xampp-3...-ubuntu-11-10-12-04/
freshtutorial.com/install-xamp-ubuntu/

Keep in mind that this is not for productive use.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.123 secondes
Donation Image