Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

SUJET : Report Analysis Engine

Report Analysis Engine il y a 1 an 8 mois #92737

• 55chris55
  • Portrait de 55chris55
  • Fresh Lemon
I love Limesurvey but the analysis/reporting capabilities are very limited.

What product(s) would you recommend that I can export the results of my survey.

I need the following capabilities backed up by a simple and intuitive user interface:

Cross tabbing
Powerful filtering
Assign different chart types to different questions
Edit and annotate individual charts
Create a cover page with images and text
Add images/text to the headers and footers through the report
Create a contents page

What are the products that other Limesurvey Users use to create their reports in a powerful and flexible manner?

Finally I know that Carsten has mentioned on several occassions that a new report engine would be on the list of features for Limesurvey. Is there any progress with this?

Many thanks for your time
Chris
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Report Analysis Engine il y a 1 an 7 mois #93687

• Gordon55M
  • Portrait de Gordon55M
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Remerciements reçus 1
I have had the same issue for quite some time. My work around was to connect LimeSurvey to MSSQL and use stored procedures to manipulate the data to prepare it for Crystal Reports to hit a display table. This works great for survey's that are pretty straight forward (Likert style questions with defined response values). Anytime I want to see data for a survey I just run my stored procedure and enter the survey ID as a parameter and it will go and get the data and correct column headers and populate the display MSSQL table in which a crystal report hits. A reporting product like Crystal Reports, Reporting Services, or Jasper Reports can do most of the tasks you need as well as cross tabs, filtering, chart types, and images. I hope this triggers some ideas for other users.

I'm also working on having R hit the MSSQL data to do more advanced statistics work and then pass the data back to MSSQL. Again, this can be done with MYSQL as well, I just use MSSQL as my environment.

Report Analysis Engine il y a 1 an 7 mois #93689

• 55chris55
  • Portrait de 55chris55
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Gordon,

That is exactly what we do (although we use Access).

You are absolutely right that it works well with a simple, standard and repeatable survey. However it is very time consuming when the client asks for the data to be sliced and presented in different ways, or you even slightly change the survey format.

I have seen some great examples of report engines that are incredibly flexible and simple to create reports that slice and dice on the fly.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply with your experience.

Kind regards
Chris

Report Analysis Engine il y a 1 an 7 mois #93692

• holch
  • Portrait de holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Remerciements reçus 360
I think Sofa statistics could be interesting for you. It can connect to data bases and it can also run on a server. I haven't had time enough to play around with this, but I think it looks quite good from what I have seen. It is not PHP, but Python as far as I know. But If you work with Jasper Reports, this might not be a big deal.

I am also interested in a nice reporting.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Modérateurs: ITEd
Temps de génération de la page : 0.127 secondes
Donation Image