Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey 2.0 - Anonymous Survey with Custom Code

• thomsol
  • thomsol's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #91790 by thomsol
I want to deliver to my customers a unique code, which they will enter when starting a survey. I then need to parse this code (looking up in a database) which will then direct them to appropriate questions in the survey. Example: if they enter code 001002, the first half will tell me the store they visited (001), the second half (002) will tell me when they visited. I then want to display on the second screen "Thank you for visiting our New York store" (as dictated by the 001.

Do I need to introduce a custom question type (and where is documentation for this), or is there some "hook" I can use to do these lookups?

I should not require them to sign in, the code they enter will be sufficient, so it should be an anonymous survey.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #91805 by tpartner
You should be able to do this with a simple short-text question and Expression Manager/relevance.

In your relevance equations, you can use the string functions to handle the entered code.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomsol
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose