Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Which universities are using LimeSurvey?

More
14 years 1 month ago #38503 by bdg
We have been using LS at the University of Otago in New Zealand mainly for student alcohol use surveys. Our last survey had about 70 questions in 24 groups, lots of logic, and handled about 3500 responses without problems. At least one other unit is also using LS here but I cannot remember what for.

Before LS we had our own custom built web based surveys, usually involving copying and heavily modifying previous surveys. This was time consuming, error prone, and inflexible.

I chose LS for the following reasons:
- it's open source so I can fix problems or add features myself if I need to
- it runs on our LAMP stack no problem
- it's free...forever :)
- LS has more developers and testers than any other product I know
- LS has great community support
- users can modify their survey themselves
- there is no reason why I cannot export a survey and give it to someone else to run
- LS has more question types/features than any other product I know

The only reason I can think of for not using LS is if you don't actually want to run surveys, i.e. prefer if someone else hosts the product & surveys, but even then LimeService has the features and service at great prices.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago #38528 by wrenchpilot
Replied by wrenchpilot on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
The Office of Assessment at the Georgia Institute of Technology have been migrating our online surveys from Perseus, now known as Vovici, and have been quite pleased. There are a couple of features that Perseus had that LimeSurvey does not, but overall LimeSurvey is a much better solution.
  • evan
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
14 years 1 month ago #38551 by evan
Replied by evan on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
The Australian Catholic University (ACU - www.acu.edu.au ) uses LimeSurvey for research purposes and also for information gathering and surveying of both staff and students.

Here are the reasons we use it:
  • It has a good selection of question types
  • good access control
  • mostly is great for accessibility (certainly much better than apps like SurveyMonkey)
  • good survey template customisation
  • and unlimited survey creators and responses
We started using LimeSurvey nearly three years ago and now have over 90 staff and research students building surveys.
More
14 years 1 month ago #38614 by schwnj
Replied by schwnj on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
I am a prof at Arizona State University in the US, and I (and a few others) use LimeSurvey for research projects in the social and behavioral sciences. All profs who ask are given a virtual server, and we have the Installatron system set up, allowing everyone to quickly and easily install LimeSurvey on their server. It has worked out great for me so far!
More
14 years 1 month ago #38690 by premc
Replied by premc on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Hi, I am student from Texas A&M university. We have been using lime survey for couple of years and have been benefited a lot from it. It is very easy to use and have a lot of capabilities and the best of all its free. I think this is one of the best survey tools you find in the market now.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #38859 by gwwri
Replied by gwwri on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
I work at the Center for Modern Jewish Studies, which is a sociological research institute at Brandeis University in MA (USA). We do a ton of highly scientific web based surveys of pre-selected populations. We had previously used Perseus survey solutions and were planning to upgrade to their new version "Vovici" which was an enterprise, off site managed system, but we were frustrated by the fact that any limits we found in the program were basically insurmountable: If the program couldn't do what we wanted to do (which was a lot, because it was super focused on market research stuff, instead of sociological studies), then we were out of luck, plus the price they were quoting us was exorbitant, just thousands and thousands of dollars every year forever. We were really depressed until we found Lime survey and realized we could have the customization we wanted, and instead of being enormously expensive, it was free. We've been using it for a couple years and it's great, and we've been able to seamlessly integrate it into our in house, custom built CATI (computer assisted telephone interview) system, which would not even remotely have been possible with Vovici.

Graham Wright
Senior Research Analyst
Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #38960 by jcleeland
Replied by jcleeland on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Monash University (based in Melbourne Australia) use LimeSurvey (at least in the Centre for Health Economics) for experimental research.

The University of Sydney have just installed and trained staff and students in the use of LimeSurvey - in the Faculty of Economics and Business.

I think I heard once someone from Deakin University who was using an installation there as well.

The University of Zurich in Switzerland also has a LimeSurvey installation that I am aware of.

Jason Cleeland
Founder, LimeSurvey
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #39030 by Nick84
Replied by Nick84 on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
LimeSurvey is used also to survey students and staff here in SISSA-ISAS in Italy. We also sent a couple of bugfixes last year ;)
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #39098 by nils
Replied by nils on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
Staff and Students from MCI Management Center Innsbruck, dept. of nonprofit, social- and healthcare management, use LS to do empirical research (Austria, not Australia).
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #39202 by kadejo
Replied by kadejo on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
In most countries of Central America, LimeSurvey is a complete success, at least at the public universities (the older, bigger & more important ones). At least what I know is that nobody is thinking in other tool for surveying but LimeSurvey :woohoo:

So, I am going to write here the places where I am completely sure that are using/used LimeSurvey because I saw it with my own eyes, but I am sure it is at other places too.

I know that LS is being used in Costa Rica at:
    Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica (UNA)
    Universidad de Costa Rica (UCR)
    Instituto Tecnológico
    Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED)
    Consejo Nacional de Rectores (CONARE)
    Sistema Nacional de Acreditación de la Educación Superior (SINAES)

Also in El Salvador at:
Universidad de El Salvador (UES)

And at the very council of all public universities of Central America!, its headquarters are located in Guatemala:
Consejo Superior Universitario Centroamericano (CSUCA)

Just to mention it, even it has little related to education, LimeSurvey was also used with very very successful results at the Health Ministry of El Salvador. :)
Best wishes to everybody!

Your friend, Carlos
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #39225 by taschutt
Replied by taschutt on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
We're using it in the Center for Health and Behavior at Syracuse University.
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #39230 by firemonk85
Replied by firemonk85 on topic Which universities are using LimeSurvey?
i´m from germany.
TU Kaiserslautern

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose