Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Plugins 101

Plugins 101 4 months 6 days ago #109134

• black68gtx
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi All
I just installed Lime_Survey, all seam to be working well and very happy with the results. My initial reason for Lime Survey is to have owners of a particular car register their car through the survey.
When the individual completes the survey I'd like to
1- Post the results automatically to table on my website.
2- Once posted that data is added to the other results from previous surveys
3- Any individual could then sort the fields either numerically or alpha to see how many auto vs manual transmissions etc.

I don't know much (nothing actually) about plug-ins and I understand that is the process that I need to include with Lime Survey.

My Host servers offers WordPress and Drupal as a free program. Can anyone advise me (step by step if possible) the best way to achieve my goal? :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Plugins 101 4 months 6 days ago #109140

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
Seening that you have little to no experience in web programming I don't think that you will be able to achieve what you want on your own.

The funcionalities that you want are very specific and obviously not part of Limesurvey. So what you would need to do is create your own script that reads the results from the database and presents it to you on your website.

It is not rocket science, but you will need some experience with MySQL and a programming language like PHP for example.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: black68gtx

Plugins 101 4 months 4 days ago #109260

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 824
Yes, need some PHP/mySQL experinece.

To do something just after a survey is sublitted, you can use a plugin with an event:
afterSurveyComplete

Denis

Plugins 101 4 months 4 days ago #109299

• black68gtx
  • Fresh Lemon
MySQL & PHP is installed on my server. I have on occasion, written a couple of scripts to both applications. If it's not to complicated I might be able to insert a script onto the webpage if that's what it takes. However, if it's not that simple then it looks like I need pay someone to do that for me.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image