Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Stable 2.0

Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86512

• dweisser
  • dweissers Avatar
  • Bronze Donor
  • Dank erhalten: 5
Hey LS Team,
My heroes. I saw that the planned release date for stable 2.0 was September 12th. Curious if there is an update. If I have missed it in another post, I apologize.

I see that the download section contains the stable 2.0, but my comfort updater is not detecting a new version.

Keep up the good work everyone,
David
SpringBolt Consulting
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her von dweisser.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86514

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 360
Have a look at the download section. The stable release 2.0 was late, but it is already there. There is just no post on the website (don't know why).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86517

• dweisser
  • dweissers Avatar
  • Bronze Donor
Yes- thank you. I saw that actually. But, my 3-click comfort updater doesn't seem to recognize the opportunity to download it. And I'm scared of manually updating anything.
Any thoughts?
David

Re: Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86518

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hmm, I don't think that you can use the 3-click comfort update, as this is a completely new version of Limesurvey with a different code base. I think you will have to download it and install it manually.

I actually would install it in parallel to the old version, so you can still run your old surveys without a problem and you start new with 2.0.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86525

• Fred
  • Freds Avatar
  • Gold Lime
Actually when I started 1.92 today it said there was an update available to 2.00+. Is that a bug?

It seems to me that would be a big mistake to push the current version of 2 onto 1.92 users?

Re: Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86526

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
I will have a look in my version. I am not sure if there is really an option to upgrade. It would make sense, but I personally would prefer to install the new version in parallel, as there have been many code changes.

I just updated my 1.92installation to Version 1.92+ Build 120919 and I do not receive any option to update to 2.00+.

Re: Stable 2.0 2 Jahre 3 Wochen her #86561

• Mazi
  • Mazis Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 299
holch schrieb:
Have a look at the download section. The stable release 2.0 was late, but it is already there. There is just no post on the website (don't know why).
There is no official release announcement because we want to see if any major issues might show up.
When having a so called "silent release" by just setting it at latest version, only some of our users will download it and if we find any major issues, we can fix them before thousand of users have downloaded a new version (which can never be fully tested).

The ComfortUpdate also takes some time to be adjusted which is the reason why it is not directly available after a new version was released, but some days/weeks later.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.184 Sekunden
Donation Image