Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LimeSurvey 2.0RC5 released

Re: LimeSurvey 2.0RC5 released 2 years 4 months ago #83699

• fransmarcelissen
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 31
>> Default values still do not work.
> Well, as you can see that issue waits for feedback from the reporter because we cannot
>reproduce. Maybe you can attach a small sample survey to reproduce?

It happens with each survey, on each 20RC version until now (july, 21). Just make a survey, make a page, make a (text) question and try to define a default value. Attached here is a picture of the screen that appears then. If I try to save the question, limesurvey disappears into nirwana (a white screen).
I tried to send you an example survey, but it appears that export is also not working (export to lss produces a file with just the text "XMLWriter class not compiled into PHP, please contact your system administrator" in it. I will report this error as well, but I just noticed it now.
I have the impression that there are so many bugs in this (rc7) release, I can better be considered an early alpha. Until now I have not managed to create one working survey.

As said it happens (in my standard, Dutch system) with each survey. I tried to import a 1.92 survey with default values, but then other errors happen.
If you want to see it happen, I can give you the adminstrators login for my system (but I will do this only on email, not on the forum).
Greetz,
Frans
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LimeSurvey 2.0RC6 released 2 years 4 months ago #83822

• kaval
  • Fresh Lemon
Recently upgraded to PHP 5.3.14
Tried installing all optional PHP modules for mySQL
Still only recognizes sqlite and sqlite3 databases, although stable release version has no problem recognizing mySQL database with prompting.

Anything you folks can suggest?
Thanks
Attachments:

Re: LimeSurvey 2.0RC5 released 2 years 4 months ago #83911

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Hi Frans,

this issue should be fixed now, see github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...35ed44b26f79d04ad586

You can alsways grab the latest code base from Github so you don't need to wait for another RC release, see docs.limesurvey.org/Accessing+the+source+code

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LimeSurvey 2.0RC6 released 2 years 4 months ago #83912

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
kaval wrote:
Recently upgraded to PHP 5.3.14
Tried installing all optional PHP modules for mySQL
Still only recognizes sqlite and sqlite3 databases, although stable release version has no problem recognizing mySQL database with prompting.

Anything you folks can suggest?
Thanks
Please upload a phpinfo file so we can take a look at your server configuration. Just put the following code into a file named phpinfo.php and upload it to your webserver:
< ?php phpinfo(); ? >
(Delete the spaces next to </> when copying the code.)
After uploading please post the link to the file.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LimeSurvey 2.0RC6 released 2 years 4 months ago #83941

• kaval
  • Fresh Lemon
I got the install to work after having the host make sure the DBO for mySQL in PHP was working despite php -m at a terminal level showing the module was intalled.

It seems to me like there are bugs in producing public statistics and graphs which fail, and in setting someof the menu options, so I would agree that perhaps calling ithe product a RC is a bit optimistic at this stage, but it does have a nice installer and I do like some of the configuration options.

Re: LimeSurvey 2.0RC5 released 2 years 4 months ago #83974

• ahmed
  • Fresh Lemon
Just wanted to report an issue with RC7, sorry if it's already known but I haven't seen it reported elsewhere.

If an admin user creates a child user without the "Use all/manage templates" permission (let's say "Create survey" and "Manage labels" are the only permissions granted). When that child user tries to create a survey by clicking the plus icon, an error page is returned. The beginning of the error page reads:
PHP warning

include(Templates_rights_model.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

/var/www/limesurvey2/framework/YiiBase.php(418)
My install is limesurvey200RC7-build120721

Using PHP Version 5.3.2

Thanks!
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by ahmed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Donation Image