Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71737

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Shnoulle-

LEMsetTabindexes() is no longer called - I should remove it. It uses JQuery to find the first :input item and calls $(this).focus() to focus on it.

Using focusfirst() would be fine. Looks like it does

$('#limesurvey :input:visible:enabled:first').focus();

so it is more accurate than what I was doing (which just looked at :input:enabled)

/Tom
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71739

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
TMSWhite wrote:
Shnoulle-

LEMsetTabindexes() is no longer called - I should remove it. It uses JQuery to find the first :input item and calls $(this).focus() to focus on it.

Using focusfirst() would be fine. Looks like it does

$('#limesurvey :input:visible:enabled:first').focus();

so it is more accurate than what I was doing (which just looked at :input:enabled)

/Tom
I use rev 11987, and if i comment the $(this).focus();, i don't have the focus on firt input.

And i think
1. focus first have to be optionnal
2. focus first only on text/textarea question.

Denis

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71742

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Shnoulle-

Would you recommend that as a global and/or survey-specific setting? Personally, I like having the auto-focus on the first question on the page (or the first question that fails mandatory or validation rules). I try to avoid using the mouse, so like to be able to immediately answer from the keyboard and/or tab to the proper question, and without focusfirst(), each browser focuses in inconsistent places.
If we make this a setting, we can give users several choices.

/Tom

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71744

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
TMSWhite wrote:
Shnoulle-

Would you recommend that as a global and/or survey-specific setting? Personally, I like having the auto-focus on the first question on the page (or the first question that fails mandatory or validation rules). I try to avoid using the mouse, so like to be able to immediately answer from the keyboard and/or tab to the proper question, and without focusfirst(), each browser focuses in inconsistent places.
If we make this a setting, we can give users several choices.

/Tom
Don(t know really,

First global, and if user ask : put in survey ;).

Denis

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71767

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

are there any checks if the survey logic is correct and are there places in LimeSurvey where you show the results of this check?
I know you can check it yourself if you just call the logic function for the survey, group, or question. But I thought about the following cases.

1. Importing a survey
I imported a few surveys and the overview page after the import told me everything is okay. I checked the survey logic, there seems to be some errors that occur because e.g. the question code doesn't match the requirements/rules (e.g. if the code is only a number like "1" or you have a "-" like "Verb-Vors" in your code). So I think it might be an idea to check if there are logic problems with the survey after importing and view a hint like "Your survey logic contains x errors. If you have problems click here to view the survey logic." if something is wrong.

2. Creating/Editing a question
I renamed the code "Verb-Vors" to "VerbVors" to solve the error mentioned on the logic page. I then tried to rename it back to "Verb-Vors" and created this error on purpose. So I think it might be an idea to check if there's something wrong with the question and show a hint (or even stop and let the user correct their mistakes) that something is wrong with the logic. I don't think it would be to difficult to do a regex check for the Code input field and prevent the user from entering something that doesn't meet the requirements/rules.

3. Upgrading LimeSurvey
If 1.92 is released we might get come to the point where users upgrade their installation. We don't know what might happen if after the upgrage certain survey have errors/problems and don't tell the user about the problems.

4. Show logic status on survery information page
There's a page for each survey where you get the survey link, administrator name, used template, ... . Perhaps it might be an idea to create a global option "Show logic status on overview page" that lets you show a status like "OK", "2 errors" or something simmilar. I think it should be an option to add this because it can happen that some people don't really want to see it (e.g. the customer creating a survey. If you show something like "2 errors" he might get irritated and call me/tell me "Mr. X, there are problems with my survey *sigh, sigh, sigh*").
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71805

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
These are some good points which vierundzwanzig listed.

@1: When switching from conditions to EM we definitely need such a check on import and a screen that lists all problems and has an edit option so solve this in one run.

@2: "I don't think it would be to difficult to do a regex check for the Code input field and prevent the user from entering something that doesn't meet the requirements/rules."
-> I totally agree. We do that for answer codes for example by using some Javascript and if EM is restricted in a way that certain characters may not be used for the code, we should prevent them on input.

@3: Same like 1: We need an update process that identifies possible problems.

@4: Nice idea

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71834

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hello,

I don't think we have a "quick fix" option yet. But it would be a nice idea to provide a *quick fix* option. For example, if something is wrong with the question code (it is "27") and you click on "quick fix" the question code will be changed into something like "Q123" where "123" is the question ID. So even people who don't know what's wrong or don't understand the problem can apply a fix that should work.

EDIT:
Fixed post layout, sorry guys, it happens if you edit 2 different wiki systems and one forum post.*g*

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Steve.

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71855

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I like the idea to simply switch to the question ID. What do you think, Tom?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71866

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Mazi and vierundzwanzig-

All good ideas.

My list of "errors" on the survey logic file is a bit of a mis-nomer. If you re-use the same question code across groups, you can't use that question code directly within equations. However, if you are upgrading from prior versions, and there were no errors in your 1.91+ surveys, there will not be any in 1.92. The reason for this is that the conditions_to_Relevance conversion functions use the SGQA codes, but when you look at the generated Relevance equation in Show Survey Logic, or Show Question, you see the Question Code (and if you hover over the tool-tip you'll see the SGQA code). However, if you try to edit the question, you'll see the the underlying equation uses the SGQA code.

So, I should probably update the "Error" report within Show Logic File to clarify this.

/Tom

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 9 months ago #71871

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hello,

I'm not sure how important it is that the question code matches the requirements/rules. I imported about 5 surveys from my LimeSurvey 1.91+ Build 11804 <a href='www.docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?p...tions+for+LimeSurvey'>installation</a> and most surveys had a problem with the name of the question code (i.e. "Verb-Vors" or numbers like "1"). My test survey causes the most problems. I don't know if it's broken or what's wrong, but both of the two surveys have an empty group and question at the end

ErrorEmptyGroupQuestion.jpg

and one of the test surveys didn't even show any questions in test mode.

ErrorNoQuestions.jpg

LimeSurvey1.92RC2 is now available, I'll try it with this version and report it if the same errors/notices occur.

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Steve.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Donation Image