Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released

LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71148

• lemeur
  • LimeSurvey Team
Article cannot be shown
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71156

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

the database name, database user and the rootURL in config.php don't seem to match the usual standard/default values. The default value for the database name should be something like "limesurvey" or "limesurvey_dev" while "root" seems to be the default database user. The rootURL also doesn't seem to match the folder "limesurvey" which is extracted from the zip/7z/... file.

LS_EM_configPHP_2011-12-21-2.jpg

I know you can or in some cases must change the settings in config.php, but I think it would be easier if the default values can be used because you just want to test the RC.

EDIT:
I encounterd the next problem. I cannot login, the set user and password in config.php doesn't seem to work:
User: admin
Password: password
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Steve.

Re: Aw: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71166

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
vierundzwanzig-

Thanks for pointing that out. We'll take care of that in the next RC release.

There are two possible work arounds:
(1) Here is a working INSERT query for an admin user with the default password of "password".

INSERT INTO `lime_users` (`uid`, `users_name`, `password`, `full_name`, `parent_id`, `lang`, `email`, `create_survey`, `create_user`, `delete_user`, `superadmin`, `configurator`, `manage_template`, `manage_label`, `htmleditormode`, `templateeditormode`, `questionselectormode`, `one_time_pw`, `dateformat`, `participant_panel`) VALUES
(1, 'admin', 0x35653838343839386461323830343731353164306535366638646336323932373733363033643064366161626264643632613131656637323164313534326438, 'Your Name', 0, 'en', 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 'default', 'default', 'default', NULL, 1, 0);

(2) I have a copy of 1.92 RC1 hosted on Amazon's Compute Cloud. Details are here:

ec2-50-16-27-54.compute-1.amazonaws.com/limesurvey_dev

The admin password is ls-dev-pass

Feel free to play with this version. It is running on a 32 bit micro Amazon EC2 instance, so has only 600 MB of memory, but it gives fast response times as long as there are only a few concurrent users.

/Tom

Aw: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71168

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Thank you for your answer, TMSWhite. I tried (1) and it works fine, so I'll go on with this. Though I don't know how much time I can afford/use to test it and play with it.*g*
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71284

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi, Tom, I had the same problem with the Admin user not being created but used your SQL and that solved it. Thanks

One comment on Equations. Our surveys include a lot of calculations based on respondents' answers (e.g., financial ratios) and I was definitely looking forward to calculating them in the database at runtime rather than later on in Excel during analysis. As it is now, you have the formula going into the Question field where the question text would normally be. It would be nice if there were a way to keep the equation distinct from the Question text that serves to describe it. I guess this would mean creating a new field or attribute?

I noticed that the new database includes the participants tables from the Central Participants database experiment last Summer. Does this mean that the next release is going to include that new functionality too?

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71285

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Fred-

Glad the admin work-around worked. When we release 1.92 RC2, that will be fixed up front.

I hear you about Equations, but still think it makes more sense to keep them as a separate question type. Very few questions will need an Equation (and for question types that require sub-questions, the idea of sub-equations doesn't make intuitive sense), so if we have explanatory text in addition to an Equation, the equation field would be empty most of the time. For most of the equations I use, I don't need the explanatory text. If I want some boilerplate, I add that as a separate question and use tailoring to incorporate the Equation results.

As to the Central Participants Database - I kept it in so that the database version numbers between 1.92 and 2.0x would be in sync. I wasn't planning on adding CPD to 1.92

/Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71293

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Tom. If I find any bugs I'll put them in the tracker.

I'm sure you're aware, but Equations don't work in the Data Entry view or the Edit Response view. I don't think conditions worked there either, but I'm thinking of when we have to go back and do corrections to data sometimes, we shouldn't count on the Equations recalculating.

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71294

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Fred-

You are correct that conditions never worked for Data Entry. Like Printable Survey, they were displayed, but they were not enforced (except perhaps at submit time).

Now that relevance and mandatory/validation calculations works identically for all survey styles (e.g. question, group, survey), they can also work for data entry. So, my inclination is to consider data entry as effectively survey (all-in-one) style (all relevant questions shown), but with a different look and feel. That way we can ensure that data entry does enforce conditions. The same approach could be taken for Edit Response View. If so, then we can be sure that equations will re-calculate.

/Tom

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71299

• fransmarcelissen
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi Tom,
You write: "Now that relevance and mandatory/validation calculations works identically for all survey styles (e.g. question, group, survey),...."
What do you mean by writing that these work for a survey? Of course I understand that these work for questions and groups (I am very glad with this...), but I do not understand how these work at a survey level.
Frans
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by fransmarcelissen. Reason: mistake

Re: LimeSurvey1.92RC1 is released 2 years 7 months ago #71307

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
Frans-

By "survey" level, I meant "all-in-one" style. So, Expression Manager ensures that all of the conditions/relevance and validation rules all work even if you have dozens of groups shown on the same page. In such cases, only relevant groups and questions will be visible. This is like using data entry but ensuring that only relevant questions are visible there.

/Tom
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Donation Image