Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

After transferring buttons Save question does not work

• gianni5678
  • gianni5678's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #112923 by gianni5678
I've just transferred a Limesurvey installation from the local development server (Ubuntu 10.04) to the remote server where my surveys will be available to the public.
I have a very annoying issue: in the admin interface the "Save" and "Save and Close" buttons of survey questions do not respond to the mouse click and the page is not submitted. The problem affected both sample surveys and surveys created my myself. All the other buttons and icons in the admin interface work correctly.
I uploaded the same installation to two different hosting providers (one of them is a VPS with the same Ubuntu version of my development machine, the other is a standard shared Linux hosting). The non-working save buttons affect both remote installations. Then I transferred the installation to another local machine with Linux/openSUSE and here the buttons work correctly. So far the problem affects remote servers and not local machines... I set the permissions to 775 for all folders and files except /tmp that is set to 777.
The Limesurvey Version is 2.05+ Build 140915.
Clients: I accessed to my Limesurvey installation with Firefox and Chromium under Linux clients and Internet Explorer under Windows 8. Same behaviour with all platforms and browsers.
Any help will be appreciated.. I've planned to go online with my survey in a few days...
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by gianni5678. Reason: corrected syntax
The topic has been locked.
  • gianni5678
  • gianni5678's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #112935 by gianni5678
After several attempts, reading and in depth analysis I found the solution! The reason for the "Save" button not working was that some Limesurvey application files were not transferred to the destination server. The first time I copied the files from the local server I was acting as normal user and not root. It happened that some Limesurvey app files had read privileges only by root. Therefore I set chmod 777 recursively from the root dir of Limesurvey in the local server and re-copied all the stuff from there to my PC and via FTP to the production server. This did the trick. I'm posting it as a suggestion for other users just in case.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose