Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to change/control survey url? Url doesn't work from local network.

How to change/control survey url? Url doesn't work from local network. 2 months 4 weeks ago #112055

• fsando
  • Fresh Lemon
When I sent out some invite mails while logged in from the local network where limesurvey is installed the survey url is for my internal address.

How do I set the survey url explicitly to my servers external ip-address? I have two different domains pointing to the server so i would like to set the survey url for each survey individually.

Is that possible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to change/control survey url? Url doesn't work from local network. 2 months 4 weeks ago #112056

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
You will need to log in via the servers external ip-address when sending the emails (and not with the internal ip address within the local network).

You simply access via the domain / IP that you want the emails sent from.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: c_schmitz

How to change/control survey url? Url doesn't work from local network. 2 months 4 weeks ago #112059

• fsando
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for answering.

Yes I know it works if I access it externally. What I do now, when I'm home is to either log in directly on my phone or tether my computer through the phone which is not very practical but works. I had hoped there would be an option to set the survey url independently.

I just saw this thread from a couple of days ago: survey-invitation-url-is-my-private-address which clearly says that while there is a work around for the general case the option does not really exist. In my case I have two external domains pointing to my limesurvey site so I can have it appear to be two different sites. Therefore it would have been nice to be able to set the survey url explicitly for each individual survey.

Thanks for all your great work :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Donation Image