Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

survey expiring! help needed please!

• sully4411
  • sully4411's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #111872 by sully4411
survey expiring! help needed please! was created by sully4411
Hello - someone please help me! The survey is active, but respondents keep saying they receive this error from timing out:

Error

We are sorry but your session has expired.

Either you have been inactive for too long, you have cookies disabled for your browser, or there were problems with your connection.

Please contact Daniel Sullivan for further assistance.

Survey itself is here: www.globalyouthsurvey.org/2014

How can i fix this!? I've tried searching some of the settings, chgnging the htaccess file to include (what I think is) the register_globals on. but I dont think I have done this right either. Using A2 hosting!

Thank you,
-Daniel
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sully4411.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #111884 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic survey expiring! help needed please!
Hi,

See phpinfo to know how session is managed, think it's a server issue, not a LimeSUrvey issue.

You can test with Session in DB via application/config/config.php

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #134708 by first
Replied by first on topic survey expiring! help needed please!
I also faced same problem. Have you got any solution? I see this thread is also open.

I have a long survey and allowed respondents to print there responses .This error essage pops up when I try to print my responses.

Survey Designer and Programmer
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by first. Reason: typo
More
7 years 10 months ago #134885 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic survey expiring! help needed please!
This is definitely a server configuration problem. I had this problem 3 days ago and the reason was... lack of disk space on the server.
More
7 years 10 months ago #135010 by Drewskie
Replied by Drewskie on topic survey expiring! help needed please!
Also check your time settings between client/web/database server. I had a similar issue with another application where my web and database server times where different (hosted on different boxes) and this resulted in the cookie being expired as soon as it is issued.
More
7 years 10 months ago #135200 by Neo8
Replied by Neo8 on topic survey expiring! help needed please!
I have the same message too and bin working on this issue for a while. Seems that there are several possible reasons for it. One possible reason was already mentioned by Jannet in this thread
www.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-...has-expired?start=15

In my case I figured out that this problem only occur if the user is entering the survey via a link from outlook. If I copy the link to the browser it works fine. If I send the Link via Lync it works, if I set the link on a intranet page it also works. It only fails if it is used out of outlook.

Dose somebody has the same issue?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose