Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Version Difference Q: What is the tag "questionindex" for?

• georgebradford
  • georgebradford's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #108693 by georgebradford
Hi LS forum,

I am currently running my own hosted LS, Version 2.05+ Build 140422, and the university I work at is running an older version, Version 2.00+ Build 130802. When I import a survey structure (.lss file) from my site to the university's, I get an error that states "Survey.questionindex is not defined".

When a university tech removes the tags with questionindex (using Notepad), the file would seem to import ok.

My question to you is, what will not work properly due to the removal of survey elements with the questionindex tag?

And, can I run the survey with those tags removed?

I can use your insight to advise my university tech, and to also take a decision whether this survey will need to run on my own hosted site or the university's.

As always, thank you for your help.

Cheers,

-George
The topic has been locked.
  • georgebradford
More
9 years 10 months ago #108739 by georgebradford
I should have posted the code lines I referred to. These two lines are new in version 2.05 that are not in version 2.00:

<fieldname>questionindex</fieldname>
<questionindex><![CDATA[0]]></questionindex>

Can an LS engineer tell me what I will lose or what won't work properly if I remove these two lines?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

-George
  • georgebradford
More
9 years 10 months ago #108887 by georgebradford
This is a repost of my question. Does anyone know the answer to my question - see following...

I am currently running my own hosted LS, Version 2.05+ Build 140422, and the university I work at is running an older version, Version 2.00+ Build 130802. When I import a survey structure (.lss file) from my site to the university's, I get an error that states "Survey.questionindex is not defined".

The following are the two lines in version 2.05 that are not in version 2.00:

<fieldname>questionindex</fieldname>
<questionindex><![CDATA[0]]></questionindex>

Can an LS engineer tell me what I will lose or what won't work properly if I remove these two lines?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

-George
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 9 months ago #109042 by DenisChenu
If it's urgent, you can contact LS engineer for professional service on limesurvey.com.

Close this one
www.limesurvey.org/en/community-services...questionindex#109036

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: georgebradford

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose