Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Public statistics link?

• blacknail
  • blacknail's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #107558 by blacknail
Public statistics link? was created by blacknail
Hello all again,

Is it possible to have some kind of link where some simple survey statistics can be presented? I learned about the "Public Statistics" feature, but from what I understood reading the manual, this only provides statistical information to the respondents, at the end of the survey. What I need is somewhat different: I don't want the respondents to have access to statistics, instead I want to have some kind of "portal" (link) only with the total number of respondents (completes & incompletes), so I can pass this information to the company that provided the sample respondents panel to this survey. Of course that in worst case scenario, I can do it manually by consulting the admin module, but that would be the last option to choose from.

Is this possible? I'm using version 2.05.

Best regards!

P.S.: I've found this searching here: www.limesurvey.org/en/community-services...thout-an-useraccount
Could this be what I'm looking for?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by blacknail.
The topic has been locked.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #107565 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic Public statistics link?
The good news: Yes this is posssible, and even simple. See the attached example. This example can be seen "live" at www.dpvragenlijst.nl/inzetbaarheid.brw . In this example a list of participants is displayed, and the date of completion. In a adition several links are shown, including a link to a report. All other information (also statistical information)is available.

The bad news: this method is based in R and Rapache. You need to run your limesurvey system on a linux server, and to have R and rApache on that server. Moreover you need to have read access to the mysql server. Then the possibilities are endless.
If you want I can send you a paper that I wrote about this subject. But if above does not apply to you, this method is not for you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by fransmarcelissen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blacknail
  • blacknail
  • blacknail's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #107733 by blacknail
Replied by blacknail on topic Public statistics link?
Hi fransmarcelissen, thanks for your quick answer and sorry for the late reply. In fact I'm using LimeSurvey but I'm not in charge of the servers here in the Faculty, so I can't implement it, at least directly. Although I think they're running on Linux wheels, it would have to involve the system administrator team, and since I'm on a hurry, I think it won't be possible. Nevertheless, thanks again! :]

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose