Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Public statistics link?

Public statistics link? 6 months 1 week ago #107558

• blacknail
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello all again,

Is it possible to have some kind of link where some simple survey statistics can be presented? I learned about the "Public statistics" feature, but from what I understood reading the manual, this only provides statistical information to the respondents, at the end of the survey. What I need is somewhat different: I don't want the respondents to have access to statistics, instead I want to have some kind of "portal" (link) only with the total number of respondents (completes & incompletes), so I can pass this information to the company that provided the sample respondents panel to this survey. Of course that in worst case scenario, I can do it manually by consulting the admin module, but that would be the last option to choose from.

Is this possible? I'm using version 2.05.

Best regards!

P.S.: I've found this searching here: http://www.limesurvey.org/en/community-services/forums/future-features/94882-survey-statistic-without-an-useraccount
Could this be what I'm looking for?
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by blacknail.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Public statistics link? 6 months 6 days ago #107565

The good news: Yes this is posssible, and even simple. See the attached example. This example can be seen "live" at www.dpvragenlijst.nl/inzetbaarheid.brw. In this example a list of participants is displayed, and the date of completion. In a adition several links are shown, including a link to a report. All other information (also statistical information)is available.

The bad news: this method is based in R and Rapache. You need to run your limesurvey system on a linux server, and to have R and rApache on that server. Moreover you need to have read access to the mysql server. Then the possibilities are endless.
If you want I can send you a paper that I wrote about this subject. But if above does not apply to you, this method is not for you.

stat.png
Last Edit: 6 months 6 days ago by fransmarcelissen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blacknail

Public statistics link? 6 months 1 day ago #107733

• blacknail
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi fransmarcelissen, thanks for your quick answer and sorry for the late reply. In fact I'm using LimeSurvey but I'm not in charge of the servers here in the Faculty, so I can't implement it, at least directly. Although I think they're running on Linux wheels, it would have to involve the system administrator team, and since I'm on a hurry, I think it won't be possible. Nevertheless, thanks again! :]
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Donation Image