Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Panel integration - URL parameters - not saving

• pietpomp
  • pietpomp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #107081 by pietpomp
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to get {aParamname} added to my survey url and looked at create a new survey and URL fields pages.

So under 'Edit survey setting' > 'Panel Integration' tab, I add the para name and hit 'save' on the survey. Instead of returning to the usual survey summary screen after a save, it goes to the general admin home screen AND drops the parameter I just added.

The 'save' behaviour is different when saving a Panel integration value as oppose to saving any other aspect of the survey. I'm I missing a setting or something or is this a 'bug'.

Happened on 2.05~140125 and still after update to 2.05~140320
Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • pietpomp
More
9 years 11 months ago #107083 by pietpomp
Also just noticed that DB table 'lime_survey_url_parameters' is still completely empty
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #107087 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Panel integration - URL parameters - not saving
Hi,

1st : activate debug mode in application/config/config.php
2nd test again and see if you have some error (in console too if possible)
3rd : report a bug with detailed step.

Denis
PS: I have double information in this part.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • pietpomp
More
9 years 11 months ago #107125 by pietpomp
Thanks Denis,
I've tried 'debug'=>1, and 'debug'=>2 but there was no display on-screen. That's why I'm baffled.

I'm not too sure how to do 'console too', sorry. There were no error messages admin side or user(frontend) side.

Then I got stuck trying to find any sort of error log file. It's a shared hosting enviro.

So I'm wondering if there is a some setup issue as that DB table stay empty and I then set 777 on /tmp and /upload. I'm also not able to save changes made through the template editor. So I thought it may be scripts and the browser, but I was able to add URL params to LS-Demo site as well as edit templates on the same browser. So don't think its a browser issue either.

Thanks
  • pietpomp
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #107126 by pietpomp
OK, I've just done a bit more trouble shooting and I think it has to do with the hosting.

I did a 2nd fresh install on the same share server and the problems were the same.
- I also manually added data to lime_survey_url_parameters. It made it show up in the admin side. However as soon as I updated the para, the entire line was removed from the table again?!

Then I did a 3rd fresh install on a different shared host provider. Everything worked as it should! The URL paraname was added no prob and I was also able to edit templates through the built-in editor.

Then I tried to look at settings that may differ between the hosts and all I can see is that the one with the problems have more memory, cpu and more up to date versions of PHP and MySQL running.

If anyone could maybe shed some light, or let me know how to do a server/mysql config dump from a shared host I would be really grateful.

Thanks
Install screen of problem server:

Install screen of All good server:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by pietpomp. Reason: typo
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 11 months ago #107127 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Panel integration - URL parameters - not saving
LDAP library is used only for LDAP auth or import token from LDAP.

For the url param : i think best is to put a bug report with more information than you can.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • pietpomp
More
9 years 11 months ago #107187 by pietpomp
Thanks Denis, yeah I'm not to worried about LDAP.

My concern is how/where to get more info re the problem. I've noted all the info I have here already.

I'll try a bud report - have never done one - not sure if 'they'll' explain how to get more info

Cheers
  • pietpomp
More
9 years 11 months ago #107484 by pietpomp
I found some info from the php.info

Is mysql.allow_persistent important?

And both working and not working servers have suhosin.simulation as Off. But no-working has a value for suhosin.memory_limit and working does not...

Would really appreciate if someone has an opinion as why it would work on the one server and not the other. I've also added a side-by-side server info table to the bug report for easy comparison.
Thanks!
  • pietpomp
More
9 years 11 months ago #107491 by pietpomp
Thanks guys. turned out to be mod_security, disabled and now things are ticking over beautifully.

URL parameters are saving and
Template editor now saving instead of error screen

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose