Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Disappeared email settings in global configuration

• Petteri66
  • Petteri66's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #105856 by Petteri66
Hi,

I just updated my limesurvey 2.00 to 2.05 140302. I send some invitations with no porblem but now suddenly I get a failure notice "could not build connection to smpt-server". I check the email setting in global setting and see that the settings are gone. And the SMTP host, SMTP-username, SMTP password, SMTP SSL/TLS and SMTP error fields are all grayed. Thus I'm not able to make any changes.

Also the ending of my email address has been changed.

I found in the German forum same issue 4 days ago with no answers and try now here.

www.limesurvey.org/de/community/hilfe-fo...liste-zu-send#105750

I'm quite nerveus because of this problem :).

Regards,

Peter
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #105881 by holch
I never heard of this problem.

Where you able to send the invitations before or after the update?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #105884 by holch
I had a quick look and when the "email method" is NOT SMTP, the fields are greyed out for me as well.

How do you send the emails usually? Via SMTP? Did you switch to another method?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• Petteri66
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #105899 by Petteri66
Hello Holch,

thanks for your answers. After I updated I immediately send some invitation without any problems and loged out. I started to wonder that I got no conformation mails and logged in about 2 hours later and wanted to send a test invitation. Then I got the failure message.

I went to global confoguration and saw the disappeared setting. The setting is SMTP, but still the fileds are grayed. I attached a screen shot of that page (in Finnish :)). I didn't do any changes, except updated from 2.00 to 2.05 version 140302.
I just tried to save an other email method and go back to SMTP, but still the fields stay grayed.

Strange is also that ending of my admin email address has been changed from .com to .de. The server name ends .de, but I use my .com email address.

I have an other "test version" of limesurvey with version number 140226. There everything is going very smooth.

I hope this problem is to solve and I'm very thankful for every solution try.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #105901 by duvemyster
Hi. I ran into something similar, and in my case clearing my cache (thanks to c_schmitz) let me re-enter my SMTP settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petteri66
  • holch
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #105903 by holch
Try duvemysters solution. Because if it worked before and you didn't change anything it would be strange that it doesn't work.

In my version it works with SMTP. So I don't think that it is a general bug in LS, but something that is strange in your solution.

Sometimes not all files are uploaded during an installation. That can also be a problem. But try the cache first. Or try another browser. From another computer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Petteri66
  • Petteri66
More
10 years 1 week ago #105913 by Petteri66
Thanks a lot duvemyster, holch and carsten! I wish every problem would be so easy to solve, thus clearing the cache did the work.

Everything runs now great.
  • holch
More
10 years 1 week ago #105941 by holch
Good to hear that this is solved.

More
9 years 5 months ago #113097 by pcerny01
Hi, I had the same problem (fresh installation of 2.05+ Build 140915), clearing cache solved it, thanks for sharing this solution.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose