Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can't add or edit questions on recent build

• sD960
  • sD960's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #105111 by sD960
We just updated our build from 131209 to 140212 and successfully imported our surveys. The surveys work, I can copy them, and I can make new surveys. However, I cannot add new questions (more specifically, I can't save them) or even save any edits to existing questions. I also can't open up the advanced settings--as with trying to save, there's simply no response on the screen. I see that since we installed the recent build today, yet another build has come out--but I'd like to know whether there's a fault in 140212, or whether we did something wrong in the installation process, before going through the installation and import process yet again.

Our reason for updating the build in the first place was that our previous build contained a bug (according to tpartner) that caused questions to occasionally "disappear" when one tried to change their order--but this is a more serious problem!

Thanks for any help.
The topic has been locked.
  • sD960
More
10 years 1 month ago #105160 by sD960
This is an update on our reported problems with build 140212. The problem--i.e., not being able to save new questions on any of our surveys--seems to have disappeared. The only thing we have done since my previous post is to re-import one of the surveys from the older build--but since I've only re-tested our surveys since doing that one import, I can't say whether the problem disappeared before or after the re-import. All of our surveys are now working normally, not just the re-imported one--just as all were problematic 24 hours ago.

An odd detail: While the problem was still present--i.e., when I was unable to save new questions, save edits on old ones, or open up advanced settings--the question editing page looked different from usual. Specifically, the text box for typing in the question was much smaller than usual, and had rounded corners. (There may have been other minor differences, but I don't trust my visual memory.) I figured the new build had gotten a graphics face-lift--but now the question editing pages look just the way they always have.

At least the bug in the question-order-changing page--our sole reason for having updated our build in the first place--is indeed gone.

Any insights? We're baffled, and this was the first time we've run into a problem that made LimeSurvey completely unworkable!
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 month ago #105173 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Can't add or edit questions on recent build
Hi,

Did you update your browser cache ?

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • sD960
More
10 years 1 month ago #105231 by sD960
Denis-

No, we had not updated the browser cache on either of the computers (one Linux, one Windows PC) we were working with, but of course later the updates happened automatically between the time we ran into our problem and the next day when the problem (mysteriously) resolved itself.

So it looks like the problem is explained and solved, and our faith in LimeSurvey's reliability is restored. Thanks, and I hope this was also beneficial to other users.

LimeSurvey's instructions for updating builds would benefit by the addition of words to this effect:
"If you were recently working with a different build, clear your browser cache before working with the current build."

Thanks again.
  • DenisChenu
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #105252 by DenisChenu

sD960 wrote: LimeSurvey's instructions for updating builds would benefit by the addition of words to this effect:
"If you were recently working with a different build, clear your browser cache before working with the current build."

Yes sure, and maybe a link with : 'Clean your css'.

But i think we can found some solution here. Maybe adding ?v1 at end of each css and js.

An idea for feature request.

Denis
PS : it's not mysterious, it's the cache. And soletimes it can take more than one day to be updated without forcing.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
The following user(s) said Thank You: capeinfo
More
9 years 9 months ago #109789 by capeinfo
Replied by capeinfo on topic Can't add or edit questions on recent build
Thank you! This was driving me crazy till I found this forum post. So easy!
More
9 years 1 day ago #118355 by henro
hi denis,

how can i clean css of lime survey.

i also cannot add or save new question in my site.

thanks in advance.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 11 months ago #118433 by DenisChenu
Just force reloading the page on your browser.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose