Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installed the XAMPP package but cant Log in as an admin to the local host

More
9 years 10 months ago #108017 by banboo
never mind of my questions everybody,it's my fault.i forget change the php.ini file.thank you guys all the same.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago #108297 by LoKa
The application works! Many thanks for your hints!
LoKa
More
9 years 7 months ago #111264 by OgreAbroad
@c_schmitz... much appreciated!

I am ignorant, new to both Apache and mySQL... not a webadmin. Was looking for something that I can use in a classroom to collect feedback simply. Was struggling with XAMPP until I found this thread, and after 3 days of fighting, I now have it working!!!

Next order of business, build out a survey then figure out how to make it reachable on a LAN. Wish me luck!

BTW... hosting this on a WIN 7 instructor laptop. I know that it wasnt designed to be used on the LAN, just locally... but I have an APACHE savvy individual that I intend upon tapping to assist with that.

Thanks again!
More
9 years 7 months ago #111266 by OgreAbroad
@Holch Totally disagree. DO NOT PULL IT! Without the XAMPP, I never would have gotten Limesurvey off the ground, and it looks like it will change the way my organization does business, for the better!

The one recommendation I would make, is possibly update the installation instructions with latest fix actions. I found those somewhat bare-bones, and was frustrated when they told me that XAMPP should work if I just followed the installation steps... as it obviously didnt.

Im about as NEWB as you can get with this, though possibly a little more persistent. ;) If I can do it, anyone can...
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111271 by holch
I am not saying that the XAMPP package should be taken offline completely. I just think with the problems it has (or had?) it would have been good to take it temporarily offline. Otherwise the XAMPP package is a great invention.

With the installation broken, it would be probably as easy to download the normal XAMPP package and install the newest Limesurvey yourself. This is very easy as well. But great that it works for you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
9 years 7 months ago #111272 by c_schmitz
I was under the impression that the issue is fixed - we had no new bug report about this.
I will have another look at it.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
  • c_schmitz
More
9 years 7 months ago #111284 by c_schmitz
The issue is now fixed in the latest release/build.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
  • holch
More
9 years 7 months ago #111289 by holch
This is great news! I think the XAMPP package is really great for beginners to get started with Limesurvey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose