Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I am unable to import survey

I am unable to import survey 7 months 6 days ago #103881

• Daneford
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

I am trying to copy my survey in limeSurvey Version 1.82+ (6825) however I am not sure how to do this.
I have exported the survey structure but whenI try to import the survey the following error message appears.

Error
An error occurred uploading your file. This may be caused by incorrect permissions in your /is/htdocs/wp1080616_WR9K3EP366/www.webstudies.net/limesurvey/tmp folder.

I really need to create multiple surveys and don't want to have to import the data manually as it will take way to long.

Please can you help?
Last Edit: 7 months 6 days ago by Daneford. Reason: error in subject
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I am unable to import survey 7 months 6 days ago #103883

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
First of all: You should really think about upgrading your Limesurvey installation. Version 1.82+ is what I would consider ancient... ;-)

Since then, Limesurvey has made a huge step forward and I am sure that this old version also hasn't been supported for quite a while, which can mean that there are security problems.

By the way, the newer version would make your life easier because you can directly copy an existing survey when creating a new survey, so you do not have to export and then import it again.

OK, now getting to your (other) problem:
The error message states that the problem might be caused by incorrect permissions, so a good start is to check the permissions of the "tmp" folder, which is required
manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_Versi...irectory_permissions
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image