Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: White screen during Comfort Update

White screen during Comfort Update 3 months 3 days ago #103916

• mvdct
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
@holch. Thank you.
So potentially upgrading to 5.3 could resolve this issue.
But might cause others in the future.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by mvdct.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 3 months 3 days ago #103921

• mvdct
  • Senior Lime
Upgrading my server from PHP 5.2 to 5.3 solved this issue.
Thanks to all those who gave their advice.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by mvdct.

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 3 months 3 days ago #103927

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 256
Great to hear that it worked out for you.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

White screen during Comfort Update 3 months 22 hours ago #104056

• mdoherr
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear all,
I had the same problem when using the comfort update to move from version 2.0x to the most recently available stable update. The update went all the way to step 3 (including the automatic backups) but then stopped with a white screen at step 4.
Now I can not access the installation (emmpty screen where the login window should be).
Downloaded and manually installed the latest stable version (205plus-build140116) from the Limesurvey Website following the instructions (including copying the Update folder and the Config file), however, when trying to log into the admin backend I get the same blank screen :-(
Database corrupted during update process???
Where do I find the structure and SQL database backups that are created during the comfort update process?
Any other suggestions?
THX Marcus

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 3 months 22 hours ago #104057

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 722
mvdct wrote:
Upgrading my server from PHP 5.2 to 5.3 solved this issue.
Thanks to all those who gave their advice.

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 2 months 4 weeks ago #104189

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
OK, so now the white screen got me as well...

I thought it would be safe to upgrade, because I have a new version of PHP running (5.4.24) and I upgraded. but now nothing works anymore, I get a white screen.

So the solution was not (only) the PHP version, I guess. Or do I have to "downgrade" my PHP version now?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by holch.

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 2 months 4 weeks ago #104190

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Downgraded to 5.3.28 and there is still a white screen. My 2.05installation runs just fine. Any ideas?

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 2 months 4 weeks ago #104193

• mvdct
  • Senior Lime
Sorry Holch,

Wish I could help you back. But not sure I have anything useful I can offer.

I'm running PHP Version 5.3.27, and as soon as I made the switch it came back online.

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 2 months 3 weeks ago #104206

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 722
holch wrote:
OK, so now the white screen got me as well...

I thought it would be safe to upgrade, because I have a new version of PHP running (5.4.24) and I upgraded. but now nothing works anymore, I get a white screen.

So the solution was not (only) the PHP version, I guess. Or do I have to "downgrade" my PHP version now?
Hi Holch

Can you do some test with PHP5.4 and report bug according towhat you found ?
Maybe just try a new installation (don't go at end of installation).

Remind to add this line to your index.php file:
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8526
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by DenisChenu.

[SOLVED] White screen / HTTP 500 error during Comfort Update 2 months 3 weeks ago #104242

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Denis!

As I said: I had PHP 5.4 running when the problem appeared. When the white screen blocked everything, I downgraded to 5.3.x but it did not change anything.

I am not quite sure what you mean with "just try a new installation (don't go at end of installation)"

So I added the error_reporting to the index.php an here is what comes when going to the index:
Fatal error: Class 'Settings_global' not found in /home/pdb/public_html/surveys/sc3/application/helpers/globalsettings_helper.php on line 22
when

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Donation Image